How many guys are still here from many years ago?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I wish those groups were not "private" so I could read, with out being on FB. I deactivated a decade ago, and I miss a lot, oh well.....
Yep, I understand. I'm only on FB to stay up with my car friends and keep up with those communities. These internet forums are pretty dead unfortunately.

Tom

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Not here much anymore but started on SVTP in this Cobra R section with my 93 and 95 Cobra R's. Many of the peeps from back in the day that we had our cruises with are either gone or passed away. I do keep in touch with and see once in a while Ken who is NJ2000R on here. He is doing great and hoping to get out for some lunch with him soon.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I was referred to SVTP in 2001 after buying my 2000R #262 in late 2000/early 2001 if I recall. I remember seeing the first 2000R and hearing John Coletti speak at the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA, and knew that I had to have one! I found one on Ebay well under sticker price, and was able to negotiate trading them my 99 Cobra Convertible. I was also involved with SVTOA and SCMC and ran a bunch of track days with them as well. Locally I connected with a bunch of track guys in and around the NJ area known as Club Cranky. Great memories and many friends were made over the next 8-10 years! I then proceeded to buy the Hacker Express #00 95R which I still have, but in negotiations of selling it to a collector, who also purchased my 93R (sold but still in my storage building) the Speedvision 93R. I don't plan to sell the 00R anytime soon. It has about 8800 miles on it, and probably 7800 are track miles. I had an 08 Shelby GT500 and traded that in on a 2013 Grabber Blue Boss302 #0003 which I still own. Not many of the original members are here, or if they are, they are not active. I get a random notification now and then and catch up from time to time. Hope all is well. I have one question, where the hell did the past 20 years go so quickly? This was 2004 at Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI.

Attachments

• 00R-f.jpg
    00R-f.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 00R-b.jpg
    00R-b.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 32

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
More from Gingerman 2004
Tom's Zippo 95R!
Me and my son, who is now 31, damn I feel old!

edit - I believe that is Dave G behind Tom?

Attachments

• all-Rs.jpg
    all-Rs.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 33
  • tom.jpg
    tom.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 34
  • KenBrandon[1].JPG
    KenBrandon[1].JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 33

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
More from Gingerman 2004
Tom's Zippo 95R!
Me and my son, who is now 31, damn I feel old!

edit - I believe that is Dave G behind Tom?

Hey Ken!

Good hearing from you checking in. I think that is Jim Steelman in the black Hacker Clone. He bought it from Mike Jacobs prior to you purchasing the 95R. Not sure who is the 00R coming out of the corner.

I heard you sold the Hacker 95R. Did it go to Dallas?

Tom

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Hey Ken!

Good hearing from you checking in. I think that is Jim Steelman in the black Hacker Clone. He bought it from Mike Jacobs prior to you purchasing the 95R. Not sure who is the 00R coming out of the corner.

Tom
I could've bought the clone when I bought the Hacker #00 so Jim probably bought it just after that. Mike Jacobs passed away a few years ago, as did both of the Hacker Brothers from what I'm told. I sold the 93R, and the same buyer has a deposit on the Hacker 95R. They will be going to Dallas, but both still in my storage building.

brianz426

Established Member
I could've bought the clone when I bought the Hacker #00 so Jim probably bought it just after that. Mike Jacobs passed away a few years ago, as did both of the Hacker Brothers from what I'm told. I sold the 93R, and the same buyer has a deposit on the Hacker 95R. They will be going to Dallas, but both still in my storage building.
Thanks for sharing the info on the Hacker 95r. I still have pictures of it from a for sale post somewhere and it was in as raced condition. I sometimes regret not buying it, I hope it’s going to a good home and gets out in public.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
So was at the MCA 60th at Barber, not one R. I didnt help as I flew, but would have thought there might be one? Nope.

Seeing pix of lots of R's is cool, and wonder if a bunch will ever be together again (didnt the 40th have some? I wasnt there).

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Hey Ken!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread