How many GT500s do they make a year?

Cobra-O

Established Member
Might want to do some research. The sale of GT500 is totally different than terminators. All dealers have them, not only SVT dealers, so each dealer has 2-5 instead of SVT dealers having 20-30. 2-3 years, who knows. I would guess they will be in the 28 - 40k range by then.

IMHO, I have no idea.

69clark

Established Member
Well for everyone that bought them as a "collectors item", lol, they will be worth way less than they overpaid for them.

Just my opinion, but I heard that they are making 8,000 a year. I don't know if thats true or not but that isn't rare, there are plenty to go around.

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
69clark said:
Well for everyone that bought them as a "collectors item", lol, they will be worth way less than they overpaid for them.

Just my opinion, but I heard that they are making 8,000 a year. I don't know if thats true or not but that isn't rare, there are plenty to go around.

i had heard 10,000. but when i went to look at one to buy one i took my terminator to remind myself what i already have and not to pay too much over sticker... i turned down the GT500 and i was #1 on the list! i knew they were gonna see them sell like crazy and Ford knew if they did they were gonna take the ball and run since they can use every single $$ they can get... i.e. just like what dodge did with the SRT4... intially 1 year production car, so i bought it to hold onto it and sell it. then they came out with a 2004 and made alot of them. and finally made a 2005 and FLOODED the market with them. i saw 2005 SRT4's on the lots when 2007 model cars rolled off the trucks... i see the same thing happening with the GT500... i expect the GT500 only being worth a few grand more than the well kept terminators in a couple of years...

Nifty

Elusive
Established Member
I also heard 10k a year with an expected run of 3 years. That would be 30,000 or so total. Thats far from rare. In a few years I would say around $27,000-30,000 should be able to find a half way decent one. Purely a guess, but thats what I would guestimate.

Rookie Venom

Established Member
yea....i want one.
10k a year makes it more of a standard than specialty car. but i heard the Camaro is gonna be 500 HP so they might as well produce a whole bunch just to stay within the same performance as the LS2 'Maro

95Proof

Established Member
Any numbers yet for O7'? Every dealer you talk to says they have sold 3-10 cars at $15k over, yet still have 2 or more in stock. If so many cars have been sold - where are they? I don't see them - not even in perfect weather on the weekends. Why would Ford offer 0% on them also if they can't keep them in stock at msrp + $5K -$20K? I am sure dealers are buying them from Ford, but the 0% offer makes me wonder if they really are moving off the showroom floors.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I just can't get them to grow on me. The power plant is amazing, and I would love to have a 5.4...but I think I'm going to just keep my terminator and put a 5.4 in it when it's time for a new block...I really dont' see myself ever seeing something that is so much better than an 03, 04 cobra that will make me want to trade up to it...hopefully FORD will prove me wrong...

kssmysvt

Established Member
69clark said:

I heard 8000/year as well, for 5 years. That came from a guy that writes for MMFF. @ 40,000 units, I think its crazy to pay 20k over sticker.

BlueSS

kssmysvt said:
I heard 8000/year as well, for 5 years. That came from a guy that writes for MMFF. @ 40,000 units, I think its crazy to pay 20k over sticker.
What's Up Name Stealer! :loser:

SCDSG

Established Member
Best I've found out is around 7,500 for 2007, 8000 for 2008 and it hasn't been decided if they will keep the line going for 2009.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
total prod of 30k would still put it in the rare category 30 years from now. For example, how many 69 Dodge Charger R/T's do you see on the road today? They made 37k of them but today they are uber rare and expensive....thanks to the dukes of hazzard for thinning out the numbers.

My concern would be if they are making 10k a year, that would make them even more common than the terminator mustangs. I don't see the shelby's ever dropping into the 20k range like the terms are. Not without some serious mileage on them. It'll be nice to see if the terms can stand up to the collectors as well as the shelby's do though.

Its so hard to consider trading a terminator for a shelby, and basically throwing away another 20-30k just for the priviledge of owning a shelby. Don't get me wrong, i love the looks, and would love to own a real shelby, but i just can't justify spending 50k on a car. My first house was only 48k. And i won't be getting any decent tax breaks with the cars. I'll just keep my existing toys for now. The terminator is fast enough, and while I prefer the new mustangs looks over the 04, i prefer the 04 interior and dash over the 05 and later. So its a tradeoff.

kssmysvt

Established Member
KissMySVT said:
What's Up Name Stealer! :loser:
I guess I did. I see you joined a few months before me.
Only thing is, thats my plate number on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread