How many are using the Spec Stage 3

pumped 03

Established Member
David at spec said the spec stag 3 with the 513i or 514i clutch disk.would be a good clutch for my 03 cobra he said it would be good for cars making up to 800rwhp. does anyone have this set up.

Steel City

Banned
i got a spec3i getting ready to go in soon. some people have had a lot of problems with many different versions of spec clutches. my buddy has a spec 3 with no break in and it's been fine for him.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by pumped 03
David at spec said the spec stag 3 with the 513i or 514i clutch disk.would be a good clutch for my 03 cobra he said it would be good for cars making up to 800rwhp. does anyone have this set up.

Dave at Spec said the spec 3 hybrid would be perfect for my car.

I had several conversations with him about it.

Clutch slipped from the first time I took it to the track, after I put well over 500 city miles on it, I was at 470 ish SAE rwhp.

read details of my install here:

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?threadid=5022

A friend tried the "i", it slipped, at that time he had around 700 rear wheel. He spoke to spec, after really pressing them as to why it slipped, the guy from spec said the "i" is primarily a road race clutch that needs heat in it to work. Does not sound appropriate for drag racing at all.
IMHO Spec is full of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread