How many are scheduled to be made?

vanhagar

Established Member
Depends who you listen to & what you read. I read Ford is hopeing for 10,000 units and will make as many as can be sold, yet others (salesmen for one) say its a "limited" build.

farmboy90

Established Member
No way we see 10,000. The model year is short already (it ends in November). And each car upsets the CAFE average for the class. I bet you don't see more than 5,000 of them.

Just my opinion though (which isn't worth much :)

BOD89LX

Established Member
Well at this point Ford can't even keep up with customer orders and with the small number of them they build each day/week no way they will make more then 5000 IMHO. The answer to the OP is there are not enough scheduled to be made to keep up with demand.

Ordie

Established Member
No way we see 10,000. The model year is short already (it ends in November). And each car upsets the CAFE average for the class. I bet you don't see more than 5,000 of them.

Just my opinion though (which isn't worth much :)

How does the model year end in Nov?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

farmboy90

Established Member
How does the model year end in Nov?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

I mean to say that they stop taking orders at the end of November. So I guess the model year doesn't technically end, but ordering for it will end then. And that is shorter than usual.

reason4treason

Established Member
This.

Probably 10 threads on this

If you were to guess, how many "allocations" total in the country do you suppose are available? (those built so far + those available for building sometime this model year)

I looked into info on what the President's List is about and what I found indicated that there are approx 5000 Ford dealers from among which 340 are awarded P.L.s. Not all dealers have an allocation. Some have more than one allocation. So considering the total number of Ford dealers, and the fact that some have more than one allocation, it would seem that 5000-10,000 units could be built just based on the overall combined number of allocations. What do you think about that?

If it's the case that Ford will build all that people are willing to buy (demand), might it mean that that means there's an allocation built somewhere (supply), though not necessarily at the dealer who is telling you they have one available for you? In other words, yes there is enough allocation overall to meet demand overall, you just might have to hunt one down somewhere at a dealer who has a for-real allocation built or genuinely buildable?

I've heard a bunch of times that Ford will build all that people want. That's a broad brush statement. For any individual customer grappling with trying to put one of these in their own driveway, I think that broadbrush statement might need to be broken down to the finer points that comprise (getting late, hopefully that's the right word for it) it.

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
Getting one of these cars is way too complicated. Can someone give me some insight on why that is? I remember working for Ford and we would have 4 or 5 GT500s in the showroom. That was like pre-2011 though.

reason4treason

Established Member
Getting one of these cars is way too complicated. Can someone give me some insight on why that is? I remember working for Ford and we would have 4 or 5 GT500s in the showroom. That was like pre-2011 though.

I'm thinking: very early in the model year; as a knowledgable svtp member explained last month, several vehicles are being built on the same line, even some Mazda 6's I believe; from a car corp's perspective, profit comes first (easier to sell other vehicles quicker, for example the GT500 versus all other types of Mustangs combined); again along the lines of profit, lots need to be stocked with all kinds of 2013 cars going down this line (proportionalty, how many GT500s are there going to dealers compared to all others combined), etc.

As an individual, we think "where's my car?" Ford's thinking (IMO) in terms of the big picture; "how we avoid some acronym similar to 'Government Motors'? In other words, "how do we maximize profits, both in the short term (stock lots with '13s) and the long term (how to we lure people from others' brand to ours [worked for me! I never owned a Mustang in my life] and how do we not alienate our loyal repeat buyers?).

Time is money, just-in-time inventory - - got to be competitive, especially globally nowadays. Seems to me like as a car corp, especially an American car corp, that old Archie Bell and the Drells tune is playin': Do the tighten up...

They didn't call it "MoTown" for nuthin'

Less wiggle room in biz now, largely due to other countries to compete with. Who among us does not know some town gutted by outsourcing? Different world nowadays, and the clock ain't goin' backwards.

ekimv

Established Member
Thanks for everyone's reply. I am contemplating selling my 2000 Cobra R and buying one of these or the 302LS, I tore up my back and cant drive the R anymore....

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
So basically there's another 6 months of Ford taking build orders from dealers and 8 or 9 months until '14s hit the showrooms. They could well build 8k of these in a shortened model year.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I think Ford will make as many as can be sold, and I don't think that number will be all that large. Even now, look how many guys have been able to change or cancel their order and walk into a dealer an buy one. This board is a distortion of the car market, not that many people are really ready to buy a 55-70K 662 HP Mustang.

A couple weeks back "Topless 10TH (SP?)" said his was the 538 made. If I could find that post and do some quick math we could see how many per week they are making. Obviously whatever number that is, it isn't enough to build everyone here's order instantaneously.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
i think ford will make as many as can be sold, and i don't think that number will be all that large. Even now, look how many guys have been able to change or cancel their order and walk into a dealer an buy one. This board is a distortion of the car market, not that many people are really ready to buy a 55-70k 638 hp mustang.

a couple weeks back "topless 10th (sp?)" said his was the 538 made. If i could find that post and do some quick math we could see how many per week they are making. Obviously whatever number that is, it isn't enough to build everyone here's order instantaneously.

quick-nick

Established Member
I am hoping that I will be able to buy mine by this time next year. Does it seem irrational to think that it will be easier to get one next year with the 2015 on the horizon??

Sparko

Established Member
I think Ford will make as many as can be sold, and I don't think that number will be all that large. Even now, look how many guys have been able to change or cancel their order and walk into a dealer an buy one. This board is a distortion of the car market, not that many people are really ready to buy a 55-70K 662 HP Mustang.

A couple weeks back "Topless 10TH (SP?)" said his was the 538 made. If I could find that post and do some quick math we could see how many per week they are making. Obviously whatever number that is, it isn't enough to build everyone here's order instantaneously.

The SVT guys told me they make 48 GT 500's a day

dustin88lx

Established Member
This is coming directly from the Ford Rep that covers the zone I live in, Northwest Florida... I currently have a car on order pending the allocation to be picked up by ford, so I have been asking as many questions as I can. The Ford rep is saying 3,624 total units will be manufactured for the entire year in the nation. How true it is I do not know for sure, but as far as the "Ford will produce as many cars as they have orders for plus 1" is unfortunately not correct.

Users who are viewing this thread