how long to get a dora

sftdyna

Established Member
To make a long story short the order banks opened the 12th and my dealer has been dragging his feet putting my order in! He claims the first time he tried the system wouldn't take the order because of the recaro seat. Now I've waited another week only to find out the order still hasn't been placed and his sales manager will do it Tuesday. How long does it take to get the dora once the system accepts the order?

Snoopy49

Established Member
You dealer will get a Vehicle Order Confirmation as soon as the order is summited, I don't know how long it will take to get a DORA.

Here is what a VOC looks like, ask your dealer for a copy. You will need the Dealer Code and Order Number printed on the VOC to confirm and track the status of your order.

Order Status Contact Numbers:
SVT - 800-367-3788 Option 1
FCS - 800-392-3673 Option 1 -4 - 6

2014VOCSample.gif

jsdeweyusmc

Established Member
You dealer will get a Vehicle Order Confirmation as soon as the order is summited, I don't know how long it will take to get a DORA.

Here is what a VOC looks like, ask your dealer for a copy. You will need the Dealer Code and Order Number printed on the VOC to confirm and track the status of your order.

2014VOCSample.gif

Guess what you have? You have a dora

mullens

Established Member
My car took only 3 months from order to delivery and I never got a DORA. It's really up to the dealer to get it to you.

SVTKen

Established Member
I have not received a DORA from my dealer either. I have a copy of the Dealer Order Confirmation, some kind of sales agreement document that was signed by the sales director, and a receipt for my deposit. I also have a VIN and SVT has confirmed the build date, so I don't really think a DORA is necessary if you have a scheduled build date and the confirmation is accurate.

msw.63

Established Member
Guess what you have? You have a dora

I understand that the DORA is the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) with pricing. When I ordered my 2014 GT500, on 9 November, they printed the VOC, but it was without prices and has "PRICED DORA REQ" between T39 (tire info) and 425 (50 State Emiss) on the VOC. I was told they didn't have pricing information yet. Should I just ask them to re-print with the priciing?

WAL

Established Member

2014VOCSample.gif

2010 DEALER ORDER RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

DORA.gif

As Snoopy49 has pointed out, there is a difference between a VOC and a DORA. Some of us who ordered our '13s last spring learned the hard way about the significance of that difference. If your dealer has an an allocation, he'll have no problem providing you with the DORA after Ford acknowledges receipt of your order (any where from a few days to a few weeks - maybe a bit longer due to the pending start of the new model year production). I'd highly recommend asking for a copy of the DORA.

sftdyna

Established Member
As Snoopy49 has pointed out, there is a difference between a VOC and a DORA. Some of us who ordered our '13s last spring learned the hard way about the significance of that difference. If your dealer has an an allocation, he'll have no problem providing you with the DORA after Ford acknowledges receipt of your order (any where from a few days to a few weeks - maybe a bit longer due to the pending start of the new model year production). I'd highly recommend asking for a copy of the DORA.

so a VOC isn't as good as a DORA? if the only difference is the pricing then wont you still be able to call svt and get info based on the VOC?

san6279

Established Member
so a VOC isn't as good as a DORA? if the only difference is the pricing then wont you still be able to call svt and get info based on the VOC?

Possibly, but if the Order # and Dealer Code don't produce any results, you may need to provide a VIN (last 8 digits).

WAL

Established Member

The VOC is generated when your dealer enters your order. The VOC doesn't mean your car will be built, but once the DORA is issued by Ford, your car is almost certainly going to be built. However, there are no guarantees until your VIN is issued.

You might want to search the following thread. It has a wealth of info on VOCs, DORAs, VINs, VVRs, timeframes, etc.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...13/842355-those-lucky-few-schedule-dates.html

Snoopy49

Established Member
From what I have read, scheduling for the 2014 Mustangs doesn't start until Dec 17th, if that date is correct there won't be any 2014 VIN's until then. The big question is, when will the scheduling for the 2014 GT500's start?

msw.63

Established Member

Snoopy...thanks for the clarification about the VOC/DORA.

As to this question, I actually called SVT with my order number and dealer code (from the VOC without pricing), and they told me they can see my order, but no DORA is available until a VIN is issued, and that won't happen until a build date is assigned. Bottom line, they recommended checking back about every 30 days (I will probably increase the frequency after the end of February) until they can give me a build date.

venom62

Established Member
I also called today with my order number and dealer code from the VOC and SVT said that scheduling for the 2014 Shelby should begin after Jan 1.

Users who are viewing this thread