How long to get a BAMA tune revision?

Tonyjp

Established Member
How long should it take to get a tune revision from BAMA? I am trying to get a revision before the final race of the season this Friday 9-25-15. The final datalog they asked for was sent to them on 8-25-15. I have called three times I think to ask about the status. I am starting to feel like they are just telling me what I want to here.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Should have just pm'ed the vendor here instead of making a thread, in my opinion...

Tonyjp

Established Member
It wouldn't allow me to use PM. I did on another forum. I didn't really want to resort to this but I feel like it will never happen otherwise. It still may not. My stock tune was .2 faster in the 60 than the BAMA tune. I tried to give what I thought was a reasonable amount of time to get it done. Maybe my expectations where to high.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Lund had a revision to me less than 12 hours later the last time. Your experiences with Bama do not surprise me, though.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
How long should it take to get a tune revision from BAMA? I am trying to get a revision before the final race of the season this Friday 9-25-15. The final datalog they asked for was sent to them on 8-25-15. I have called three times I think to ask about the status. I am starting to feel like they are just telling me what I want to here.

Sorry about the delay on their end Tony!

Let me know what your ticket number is and I'll make sure that they have this out to you today.

Alex

daddydrod

Hi Alex,

I may need some help as well. I started ticket #5066372 over a month ago and they still are way off from getting it correct. I understand it may take a few tries to get it right, but a month...

After I get a new tune from BAMA, I will have a log file sent back to them within one business day, but I will not get an updated tune for over a week, the last one I was two weeks, only after a call was a new tune sent out.

How can I get my request pushed up in priority or at lease a better turn around time to fix my tune?
My car has been stuck in the garage for a MONTH!

Thanks,
Rod

dennisn

Established Member
Hi Alex,

I may need some help as well.

How can I get my request pushed up in priority or at lease a better turn around time to fix my tune?
My car has been stuck in the garage for a MONTH!

Thanks,
Rod

Might want to consider another tuner

Last edited:

daddydrod

Agree. I have started looking.

I though I was getting a good deal with "tunes for life". Maye be I mis-read the small print (it takes a life time to get a tune correct):rolling:

But, I will keep pushing Bama as much as I can to get me a correct tune.

Rod

scotmach

Established Member
Agree. I have started looking.

I though I was getting a good deal with "tunes for life". Maye be I mis-read the small print (it takes a life time to get a tune correct):rolling:

But, I will keep pushing Bama as much as I can to get me a correct tune.

Rod

Their "tunes for life" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. All the big name tuners give free revisions for the most part.

daddydrod

Hi,

To be fair this is for my 2003 GT, I was searching around on this site for Bama tuner turnaround time.

The mod is a Bolt on Procharger kit built for the GT. I thought this would be straight forward. More air means more fuel, the computer just needed to compensate.

I got upset when I had waited for Almost two weeks and had to call them. I found out my log file was never opened. But somehow he was able to open it then and send out a new tune in lesd than an hour. Of course it was way off on the A/F. Just a tune to check off and give me something to do.

Users who are viewing this thread