how long till 03 cobras go for under 20k?

03kobra

Established Member
I say as soon as teh new 05 mustangs take off we should b able to find some high mileage termin8ers for 18-19???

fastsnake99

top down, chrome spinnin'
Established Member
not a chance in h e double hockey sticks..unless your talkin like 60k miles +, i mean im sellin my 99 for 16.5 with 60k miles

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 03kobra
I say as soon as teh new 05 mustangs take off we should b able to find some high mileage termin8ers for 18-19???

I don't know about that. There aren't going to be any new Cobras for a couple of years so that should hold the price drop off a bit. I thought about waiting for the new body style instead of going with a Cobra right now, but I don't want a GT.

Also, not everyone is going to like the new body style, either.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I don't know. If they go back to N/A (cammer?) in 06/07 like some people have mentioned I foresee these things holding their value pretty damng good.

Either way if you look at how much 01 and 99 Cobra's can still cost, I think its gonna be a while for 20k.

Last edited:

BillyMac72

Torco Junkie
Established Member
i dont see ford producing another mustang that has the kind of power the 03&04s have and are capable of putting out
they are up there with the supras and you cant get one of those for under 20k
i guess time will tell

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03kobra

To be honest, the fact there will not be an 05 Cobra, I really dont think the 05 Mustang release will have a super huge effect on the cars current depritiation. I still see 01 Cobra's out there with under 30k miles still going for 22k, so I'd say its going to be a long time, if ever, that the 03/04 Cobra will drop under 20 thousand, esspecially based upon what these cars are. I'v heard them refered to as the Boss 429's of today.

EatonMe

It won't be too long. I've seen quite a bit for sale in The Market for $25-26. All with under 15,000 miles. Hell, I sold a 10th anniv. with 7,900 miles for $25,000. There was one that was de-KB'd that was for sale $23,000. Had like 20K+ miles, though.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
I'd say by 06' they will be in the 18k-21k range... This is for an 03

That's if they even bring back the "Cobra" name plate, which is argueable right now, which will mean the 03/04 Cobra's are the last "Mustang Cobra's" which will deffinatly make them worth more in the long run.

I kind of look at these cars like the Buick Grand Nationals. It took the GN's up till a couple years ago to actually start appritiating. My dad just had his GN appraised, he's owned it since it was new, its in mint with 34k miles on it, it was worth 18 thousand dollars, thats 1000 dollars more than the sticker price when he bought it back in 87.

Certain cars are investments depending on how long you keep them, because I'll say if the 03/04 Cobra do drop below 20 grand in 06, buy as many as you possibly can, because they wont be that cheap for long.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Joshua
It won't be too long. I've seen quite a bit for sale in The Market for $25-26. All with under 15,000 miles. Hell, I sold a 10th anniv. with 7,900 miles for $25,000. There was one that was de-KB'd that was for sale $23,000. Had like 20K+ miles, though.

You've got to remember though, there's a difference between selling your car while they're still producing your car, and selling it once they've stopped. Who wants a slightly used 03/04 Cobra for 30 thousand when they could buy one brand spankin new for a few grand more? Thats the sort of thing I'm talking about.

Rio

Re: Re: how long till 03 cobras go for under 20k?

Originally posted by CobraGirlSVT
I don't know about that. There aren't going to be any new Cobras for a couple of years so that should hold the price drop off a bit. I thought about waiting for the new body style instead of going with a Cobra right now, but I don't want a GT.

Also, not everyone is going to like the new body style, either.

you know I only recognized you by your sig pic......lol

edit: me = an old-timer on MW.....;)......

Last edited by a moderator:

earl lee

Established Member
A few days ago I saw on 03 with like 32k miles on it for 26k i believe.

IDAREU

Banned
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
[B
I kind of look at these cars like the Buick Grand Nationals. It took the GN's up till a couple years ago to actually start appritiating. My dad just had his GN appraised, he's owned it since it was new, its in mint with 34k miles on it, it was worth 18 thousand dollars, thats 1000 dollars more than the sticker price when he bought it back in 87.

Certain cars are investments depending on how long you keep them, because I'll say if the 03/04 Cobra do drop below 20 grand in 06, buy as many as you possibly can, because they wont be that cheap for long. [/B]

I think you picked a perfect car to compare.
It is very hard to find a clean low mileage grand national and when you do you pay for it!

This will be the same with the 03/04 Cobra in 15 yrs.

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
Or the old saying. The car is worth what one will pay for it. All it takes is the right person at the right time. Infact I just saw a 03 convert with a salvage title sell for 21K so you may beable to get one like that or super high miles or that was beat to hell. My 2 Cents Ken

a94cobra

Established Member
The crack smoking dealer I talked to only offered me 20 for mine(and it a vert), so it's just a matter of finding one someone can't sell.

Users who are viewing this thread