How Long For Suspension To Settle

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I just installed the HR Sports with stock iso's (top & bottom) a week ago on my Cobra locally with a reputable shop

The car has definately dropped within the last few days but how long until it completely settles? Any type of driving to help improve settling...?

Is there a reason why the suspension gapping is different at all 4 corner's? I guess each spring settles differently I am hoping....

Any info greatly appreciated...

SlowSVT

Established Member
For a spring to sag that quickly doesn't sound right. Bad batch of steel or the wrong heat treat and do that. How much did it drop?

shurur

Established Member
1. make sure you are measuring drop on level ground all the way around.
2. check spring orientation i.e. where the spring starts on the bottom arms.

IMO there should be little to no settling time.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I don't measure mine from the ground. I measure from the top of the wheel to the bottom of the fender, that takes the tire out of the equation.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
My H&R sports with stock isolators sit at,Both Rear '27 inches and both Fronts 26 5/8 inches.This is measuring surface(ground)to body of car.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
My H&R sports with stock isolators sit at,Both Rear '27 inches and both Fronts 26 5/8 inches.This is measuring surface(ground)to body of car.

I will look into that as well on mine...Right now I was just checking the distance between the top of the tire and the fender. On the front the driver side you can barely get 2 fingers inbetween the tire and fender and on the passenger side you can almost squeeze 3 fingers.....

Thank you for the input.....I will get back with what I checked out....Will drive the car some more tomorrow....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread