How long does a Cobra clutch last?

Fleck 5

Established Member
For those of you who are already on their second clutch, how long are they lasting, how hard are you on the car, and do you have a lot of mods? Was it replaced under warranty? I have almost 17,000 miles on my car and the clutch feels funny when I let off the pedal. It pedal does not operate smoothly when releasing it.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Is the clutch pedal vibrating as you push it in and/or let it out? If so, that could be your TOB retainer sleeve going. If so, you'll want to check out TSB#04-13-4.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have 36,600 miles on my original clutch. Car has been my daily driver/ street racer machine since 7/6/02. Clutch still grabs like new too. I won't be surprised if I get 50,000 miles with it.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
That sounds like TOB issue to me. Mine has 34K on the clock and is raced every weekend it's dry. Just now starting to go away or need it's first adjustment.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Mine made it to 18K - with probably 250 passes on it - probably half at my current power level...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think the clutch material is actually ok, its the crappy pressure that valeo OEMS for Ford. Mine lasted 7k. RAM clutch with a new valeo pressure plate lasted me 9-10K. I have now gone to a spec3 with specs pressure plate (which has alot more holding force)

71stang99

Established Member
I think mine is starting to go at 8.3k, it has a week feel to it but Im not sure. what adjustments are there for one to do?

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
Just had mine replaced under warranty at 7k miles, 'cause the TOB took a crap (not just chirping, the biatch was howling). They replaced everything with reman components. And the new clutch chatters, just like the old one did. Dealer says chatter is normal for this car. Whatever.

Dave

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Rootus said:
Just had mine replaced under warranty at 7k miles, 'cause the TOB took a crap (not just chirping, the biatch was howling). They replaced everything with reman components. And the new clutch chatters, just like the old one did. Dealer says chatter is normal for this car. Whatever.

Dave

Bullshit! Chatter is NOT normal for these cars. :bs: :bs: :bs:

primo

Established Member
Do you think they will do the TSB on my car that has a catted-X pipe and catback?

Fleck 5

Established Member
My clutch grabs good it is just that the clutch pedal doesn't feel right when I am letting off of it. It doesn't release smooth like it should.

Users who are viewing this thread