How long do you think this will last?

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
also can you guess how many miles this motor has? its completely stock. This is Cylinder 8, all other pistons checked out ok.
20210218133924.jpeg
20210218132626.jpeg

MG0h3

Established Member
Ouch.

Detonating like a mofo in there.

Can’t tell if that’s a glob of metal
Or oil on the right there.

But your guess is as good as anybody’s.

Compression low or?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
There could easily be a piece of cracked off ring lands riding between the rings. If compression is down, needs to come apart. That thing has been rattled hard.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
Ouch.

Detonating like a mofo in there.

Can’t tell if that’s a glob of metal
Or oil on the right there.

But your guess is as good as anybody’s.

Compression low or?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
yessir 150 all across minus cylinder 8 at about 142 psi.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
You took out a BAP, out of a stock car? Why did your car have one? Must have at least a pulley on it at some point. Not looking so great man.
correct sir, car had a BAP, 60lb injectors, 2.76 pulley, 2lb lower, intake, axle back, with a bad tune i believed, motor was pulled due to the very same issue and rebuilt .030 over, put everything back to stock because of wear in time and wonder California state ref...but this still happened, all other cylinders check out ok except 8.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
sadly it will have to come apart, and compression is roughly 7-8 psi off the others then again i stopped driving probably ran 10 minutes in that condition. itll definitely get worse.
There could easily be a piece of cracked off ring lands riding between the rings. If compression is down, needs to come apart. That thing has been rattled hard.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
correct sir, car had a BAP, 60lb injectors, 2.76 pulley, 2lb lower, intake, axle back, with a bad tune i believed, motor was pulled due to the very same issue and rebuilt .030 over, put everything back to stock because of wear in time and wonder California state ref...but this still happened, all other cylinders check out ok except 8.
After you put the motor back in, did you get it re-tuned? You said it Was suspect?

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
After you put the motor back in, did you get it re-tuned? You said it Was suspect?
well the car was out back to all original parts and the tune reflashed back to factory tune. The original issue was the tune with the prior owner hense why i had to rebuild it and mind you cylinder 8 was in the worst condition.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
I would replace the injectors or send yours out to be flowed and cleaned. I bet the injector on that cylinder is clogged
that definitely be just my bad luck then if it were the injector, they are brand new and bench tested, i just find it ironic that its cylinder 8 again, i do not do high speed runs in the car ever and it only has just over 1000 miles on the motor..

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
well the car was out back to all original parts and the tune reflashed back to factory tune. The original issue was the tune with the prior owner hense why i had to rebuild it and mind you cylinder 8 was in the worst condition.
So the carnage we are seeing, is with 1000 miles on a .30 overbore rebuild, stock motor and tune. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread