How long do you spend cleaning your baby?

How much time do you spend cleaning your car?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PrinzII

Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
you gotta be kidding... theres no way it could take that long.... in the summer i wash my car like every other day... since its allready halfway clean by the next day... i can have it showroom cond within like 30 min :shrug:

Nope. I've spent 8 hrs on my Maxima and 9+ on a Navigator. I'm just anal that way. :D

93Snake

I spent 12 hours.... yes 12 hours on my mach 1 before a show one day full clean/polish/wax, I was totally anal and was going OCD over my paint there was not a swirl mark left in the paint when I was done. I do detailing in the CT Area on the side if anyone's interested, here is an eagle talon I did over the summer... worst car I've ever done

Before

Dscn9631.sized.jpg

After

Dscn9632.sized.jpg

if you look at the trunk lid carefully you can see where I hadn't done yet- there is no wax on that panel yet either

Last edited by a moderator:

93Snake

That was using the Porter Cable 7424, Meguiars Red Cutting Pad, Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish, then Followed up with Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze on Meguiars Yellow Polishing pad... this combo produces beautiful results on cars with paint like that, But most cars with just some swirls and a few little scratches will be fine just #80 Speed Glaze on the yellow polishing pad from meguiars

93Snake

I'm gonna post one more really good one I did a while back, this was my friends fathers bullitt.... I thought that talon was the worst then I remembered this car

Here was the paint before

Dscn9618.sized.jpg

After a couple passes with meguiars #83, you can achieve the same results by using SSR 2.5.... the SS 2.5 is actually easier to use and you can use it in direct sunlight!

Dscn9619.sized.jpg

Final Outcome with Meguiars Color-X topped with Meguiars NXT

Dscn9623.sized.jpg

Dscn9625.sized.jpg

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
GD...good job. I suck a waxing, Seems like the shit comes out worse after I get done.
Back to the question at hand. In the summer, or when it's warm I spend maybe 2- 2 1/2 hrs on a normal cleaning. If I'm gonna be somewhere my car is gonna be looked over, like a cruise-in or something. Probably spend around 5-6hrs. lately tho, with it being cold I just clean the wheels off and take it to the local touchless wash.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
The shortest I have ever taken was about 30 min of just a wipe down but when I go over everything I can take up to 6 hours. My gf called me crazy I washed the car for 4 hours the day after we got it from the dealer... oh ya and they washed it before we drove it home lets just say they did a pretty sucky job :nonono: Or maybe my standards are to high :D :D :rolling: :D :D

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Minumum of one hour, maximum of 6. I spend 6 when I'm going to a car show/g2g. :beer:

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
i don't quit until it looks like it came from the factory paint booth(or better). I see my cars as self reflection, i'm not dented and scratched up... lol They all have to stay in top condition.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I voted no time limit. But usually at least 4 hours, and sometimes 6.

3-4 if its just a wash/dry, DAYS if i break out the orbital. leather conditioner sits on the seats overnight. my family says im crazy.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Too much time, also depends on if I'm cleaning just the outside or the inside. Sometimes you dont need both, but usually a minimum of 1 hour and a max of 3.

02SonicBlueGT

Established Member
hmm with me it depends.. sometimes I'll just do a quick wash and other times I'll spend the whole afternoon doing it. I'd say probably the longest was about 4 hrs our so. And that is doing everything, wash, wax, interior, windows, polish tail pipes, shine the tires all that good stuff. I'd say doing the works it takes about 4 hrs and a usual wash and interior clean is about 2. waxing is so time consuming.. but I only will do it by hand

Svets96

Established Member
I have OCD I wax my frame, clean my wheel wells, I use q-tips keep in mind and I clean each individual treads on the tires.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
you gotta be kidding... theres no way it could take that long.... in the summer i wash my car like every other day... since its allready halfway clean by the next day... i can have it showroom cond within like 30 min :shrug:

Bullshit

Wash and dry you gotta figure on 10 minutes
Wax will take atleast 30 by itself
Interior cleaning(when done shitty)takes atleast 30 minutes

There is no way you have your car looking showroom in 30 minutes. Dude I can spend 4 hours cleaning my beat up ass Maxima with a crushed in front fender. Not to mention the Cobra.

Maybe you can but Im sorry I just dont see how.

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
it's my daily driver so i wash it every other day. i wax it once every 2 months. i use a LOT of black magic tire wet (the stuff that makes your tires look really black), i go through that stuff so fast lol. i don't spend an awful lot of time on the interior, i vacuum it once a week and clean off the dust with this meguiars interior cleaner stuff, takes about 15 minutes or so to do all that. every other day i spend a total of about 45 minutes washing the car (my gf hates it, f*ck her tho). and i use a 230 MPH black & decker leaf blower to try her off, that takes about 10 minutes and it leaves the nicest shine and that fresh wax look, i highly recommend using a leaf blower to dry off your car, honestly.

bp03svt

Established Member
I spend at least 2 hours and a max of 5 or 6. I usually just go through the gears to dry her off. The leaf blower is a great idea, gonna start doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread