How long can you keep a tank of e85?

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Hey guys I am going to go down to my tuner in the fall, but I want to keep the highest percentage of e85 I can. If I were to put some extra in some gas cans, how long can I leave it sit to know its good fuel to use on the dyno?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Go check the Distillery subsection on the main Forum page, that has probably been covered there.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Ive gone 3 months with it in the car, zero problems. In cans you will run into problems sooner from my experience. U need a 55 gallon drum, grounded, and off the floor.

willis414

Established Member
You'll be fine. Just keep it sealed in the fuel jug, you can store it for a while. I've got a 55gal drum I keep my true e85 in. I use on track days and a year later it's as good as the day it was filled.
The key is keep it sealed in a polly container and out of the sun in a cooler place. It can be stored for a long time.

wesking1

Established Member
Should be fine just do as already said store in a cooler place out the sun and off the ground with a good seal

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
this is 9 month old E85 I had stored in my garage in sealed plastic containers. Remained perfect 85%

IMG_1242.JPG

I later ran it no problem!

IMG_0868.JPG

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I have my e85 in a plastic 55gallon drum on the floor. Why does it need to be off the floor?

Well.....the general line of thinking is storing on the ground creates more chances for condensation issues. An open air avenue below the container promotes a more dry scenario with less condensation issues.

The test I did above I left the containers on the ground lol. But my garage floor was well sealed epoxy with clear. Moist, exposed porous concrete would definitely warrant getting the container off the ground.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
They do make E85 fuel stabilizer.

I seen Stabil makes some as well. Do you guy's think leaving e85 in the tank with stabilizer is fine. Car is stored in a non heated garage. And it can get very cold here in MN.

Users who are viewing this thread