How long before Ford/Getrag makes 6speed PowerShift for mustang?

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I have been wondering when this type of trans may come to be in the Mustang. Although the current units lack the strength to put up with the Mustang yet could it take much longer to develop a variation of it for more applications? I would venture to guess that one will be developed for other powertrains. I admit I haven't looked at the transmissions close enough but seems ford and Getrag has got the hard part done already for the dual clutch trans. Still years off from having a performance unit to stuff behind a our pony car but it will probably make it's way there with more development it. IF the demand is there and cost are kept in line.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
They Veyron has basically the same transmission (Ricardo), so the technology exists for high power cars.

Cost, now that's another story. IMO, it's only a matter of time.

The question is, would the 3 pedal purists want something like this.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
That is correct. And Getrag makes the transmissions for BMW and Mercedes. Seeing how ford/Getrag is now going to be putting the powershift trans in the Focus and fiesta in north america figured it will be about 2-2 1/2 years and a wet clutch system will be developed. I'm all for a manual transmission I am one of those 3 pedal purist but I don't mind the automated-manual trans with "flappy paddles". Not something I dream about but would make a nice street car and since everyone else seems to want an auto this would be a trans that wouldn't bother me if done right. Then the wife could drive the car.

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
That is correct. And Getrag makes the transmissions for BMW and Mercedes. Seeing how ford/Getrag is now going to be putting the powershift trans in the Focus and fiesta in north america figured it will be about 2-2 1/2 years and a wet clutch system will be developed. I'm all for a manual transmission I am one of those 3 pedal purist but I don't mind the automated-manual trans with "flappy paddles". Not something I dream about but would make a nice street car and since everyone else seems to want an auto this would be a trans that wouldn't bother me if done right. Then the wife could drive the car.

i hear ya, except my wife aint driving something with 700 ponies...lmao

Users who are viewing this thread