How is your Cobra's drivability ?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Mine was the same with an old Centerforce clutch and stock cable. I'm not a small guy and my left leg would get tired after 30 minutes of driving it was so stiff. I always worried the cable was going to snap from the force I had to apply. I replaced it with an RXT and Max Motorsports cable and the first time I pushed the pedal I thought I forgot to hook up the cable to the clutch fork it was that light...lol! Night and day difference!

I bought the car with, I believe, a Spec 2+ clutch. It's hard to justify a $1000 McLeod setup though, just because my current clutch is 'stiff'. I think I would enjoy driving more with a less stiff clutch. It seems I have to brace myself before each shift. Just judging from feel and experience, it's probably about 150lbs of pressure to push the pedal in.

olympic

Established Member
I bought the car with, I believe, a Spec 2+ clutch. It's hard to justify a $1000 McLeod setup though, just because my current clutch is 'stiff'. I think I would enjoy driving more with a less stiff clutch. It seems I have to brace myself before each shift. Just judging from feel and experience, it's probably about 150lbs of pressure to push the pedal in.

Maybe start with a new cable. I don't think any clutch should be that stiff on it's own. Either OEM Ford or the Max Motorsports cable are highly recommended.

PNWSVT

Established Member
Well everyone the tune presented its own set of issues. I had two injectors that needed to be cleaned so that took some time, the engine was missing at the top end of WOT, so he discovered that a coil pack wasn’t working right, which one? No clue, he swapped my weapon-X coils for a set of stock coils and it eventually worked great. It’s tuned to stay open loop because of some possible issues with my front 02 sensors that may also be installed wrong (on my part I guess). My compression ratio is robbing my power but I don’t have a choice, I can’t afford any new pistons,I couldn’t even afford this rebuild to begin with, now for the numbers. He sent me a screen shot of the numbers but when I pick the car up in a few hours I’ll have videos and printouts etc but here’s the following of what I do know

19psi (2.8 upper and stock lower with gen 1 VMP)
596.61 HP, so you know I’m calling it 600
530.52 max tq

So the plan for me is to keep this set up for as long as I possibly can, in the mean time I’m going to source some close to stock cams, and a single turbo kit. So if anyone out there wants a gen1 VMP (gt500 kit that has since been discontinued) I’ll throw in all the belts in the world, 3 lower pulleys, and my 63lb injectors. I also am willing to part with my stage 3 blower cams from comp for some stockers and a litttle $. The new plan is big single turbo, e85 and 27lbs of boost.

Overall I’m satisfied with my build. I can say I built a 600hp cobra in my garage while a full time student. If I had maybe 1 more point of CR I’d be around 700 rwhp.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Well everyone the tune presented its own set of issues. I had two injectors that needed to be cleaned so that took some time, the engine was missing at the top end of WOT, so he discovered that a coil pack wasn’t working right, which one? No clue, he swapped my weapon-X coils for a set of stock coils and it eventually worked great. It’s tuned to stay open loop because of some possible issues with my front 02 sensors that may also be installed wrong (on my part I guess). My compression ratio is robbing my power but I don’t have a choice, I can’t afford any new pistons,I couldn’t even afford this rebuild to begin with, now for the numbers. He sent me a screen shot of the numbers but when I pick the car up in a few hours I’ll have videos and printouts etc but here’s the following of what I do know

19psi (2.8 upper and stock lower with gen 1 VMP)
596.61 HP, so you know I’m calling it 600
530.52 max tq

So the plan for me is to keep this set up for as long as I possibly can, in the mean time I’m going to source some close to stock cams, and a single turbo kit. So if anyone out there wants a gen1 VMP (gt500 kit that has since been discontinued) I’ll throw in all the belts in the world, 3 lower pulleys, and my 63lb injectors. I also am willing to part with my stage 3 blower cams from comp for some stockers and a litttle $. The new plan is big single turbo, e85 and 27lbs of boost.

Overall I’m satisfied with my build. I can say I built a 600hp cobra in my garage while a full time student. If I had maybe 1 more point of CR I’d be around 700 rwhp.
This was on pump gas? Any idea how much timing?

Users who are viewing this thread