How is 295/40/20 ride?

Wheeler 88

Established Member
Some of my buddy's were talking about the 20's that I want to get. All of them said that the ride would be bad. Because of the thickness of the 295/40/20 tire. I was thinking of the BFG g-Force T/A KDW or Dunlop SP Sport 9000's. Does anyone know how the ride is on the size and brand of tires? I have to admit that I know nothing about automotive things. So I am very gullable in this sort of thing. So if you can help me out that would be great.

Thanks,
Wheeler

RobG

Established Member
I have the BFG g-force in 295/40/20 and the ride is great. My truck is lowered 3" over stock but the ride is very comparable to stock with the only exception being it handles much better and the BFGoodrich tires are stickier than the F1 tires. You won't be dissapointed with that tire size.

Wheeler 88

Established Member
Hey Rob,

It's kind of funny that you posted. My friend and I were admiring the paint jod that you did to your lightning. We were doing stuff on photo shop. So any way the tires and the handling is better than normal?

Thanks,
Wheeler

01blkL

Established Member
I have 295/45/20 Toyo s/t and I love them. I never had stock wheels, so I can't really compare.

beerkat

Established Member
I am newbie to High Performance vehicles. I have been thinking about putting 20 inch rims on my Lighting. I see that they ride better, but how does it effect the overall performance of the truck. Do you lose quickness and gain top end or what?:-?

Users who are viewing this thread