how involved is running a new fuel line?

halflife

Established Member
I have the fore hat, gt pumps and dual fpdm that i am going to install soon. I am making 570 hp with stock pumps and a bap. fuel seemed fine on the dyno but just doing the upgrade because i do not trust the pprv delete as i have already been stranded once from the hose popping off the hat. figured it was cheap insurance compared to a new motor. i was planning on just using stock lines so i can do a quick swap but now it is probably gonna be a winter project over a few weeks because of work, so thinking of upgrading the line and fuel rail. just concerned about getting the line up from behind the motor

halflife

Established Member
so nothing special getting the line up to the rails? did you have the blower off when you did it?

GodStang

Established Member
so nothing special getting the line up to the rails? did you have the blower off when you did it?

First time no blower was off. Last month Blower was on. Just followed the stock lines and came in the back corner. So very easy.

I am running -8an line.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Its simple. I didn't run braided line though, just bigger fuel hose I got from Summit. Its not hard, but you just gotta run it properly and get the right fittings for the Fore hat, fuel filter and rails. Easiest way to do it to follow the stock lines.

savant

Death Dealer
Established Member
I just got back from the dealership and there telling me that i need a new fuel line (I do) and its going to be about 300 for the line plus what ever labor is. Would you guys suggest just getting a line kit from say lethal and just do it my self?

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I just got back from the dealership and there telling me that i need a new fuel line (I do) and its going to be about 300 for the line plus what ever labor is. Would you guys suggest just getting a line kit from say lethal and just do it my self?

Just curious - why do you need a new fuel line? They don't wear out (at least not on a 5 or 6 year old car). Did it get damaged somehow?

Before I'd pay a dealership over $400 to have a new stock line installed, I'd replace the stock line with an upgraded line (- 8an)...

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Im using the black nylon braided stuff with the pushlock fittings, got it from lethal performance.

same here. just zipped it along the stock line. Only complaint I have about that fuel line is I do get a fuel smell in the garage from it.

buy the fittings and line from lethal and be done with it. I assume the line got crushed from something?

Users who are viewing this thread