How I supposedly lost 100rwhp!

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
So...used to live in Hampton, VA which is a little above sea level but then we moved to Colorado Spings, CO which is about 6K ft above sea level. Well the slowbra was never running correctly while in VA and during this time I went to 3 different Dynojets and never got under 450rwhp. I came here and had to switch from SCT to Diablo because nobody around here tunes SCT then they put my ride on their AWD dyno (Revolutions Performance - Dyno) and I lost a lb of boost and only got 350rwhp! I knew there was going to be a lose given the fact they don't use 93 around here so I run 91 which still has ethanol but 100rwhp! Maybe the combination of dyno, loss of boost and elevation??? That's going to take a ton of money to gain my 100rwhp back, a ton! I'm hoping if I switch out my ATI P1SC for a D1SC I can gain it back but I will need new FI's and have to pay $1300 for the SC rebuild.

Probably just stop trying while I'm here as long as she runs good and focus on my sportbike. This sucks and I recommend not living out here if you want performance.

01cobrajm

Established Member
lol most people dont understand how hard it is to get decent power up here or wonder why our times are way slower. but to answer you question is to blame the elevation, the thinner the air= lower lbs of boost, lower whp and anytime switching dynos your going to get different numbers too. Are you planning on taking it to the track this year?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
lol most people dont understand how hard it is to get decent power up here or wonder why our times are way slower. but to answer you question is to blame the elevation, the thinner the air= lower lbs of boost, lower whp and anytime switching dynos your going to get different numbers too. Are you planning on taking it to the track this year?

yeah there should be a asterisk next to any power #'s and track times indicating it was in CO, lol. I would like to go to the track but I'll probably have to drive a billion miles being out here at Schriever AFB not to mention I still have some issues clutching in after being in high rpms and she'll dip below the 600rpm and kill the motor which in turn loses ABS function so I don't want to risk that on a track...

Users who are viewing this thread