How I did my fog-light mod

MILIGHTNING

Established Member
Insted of connecting the white/black and brown together. I did that and I had problems with the bulbs blowing and fuses blowing. So I check it out and the white/black wire gets 12v when the headlights are on. The brown wire is 12v when the running lights on. So when you put these together it getting way to much volts. So I cut the white/black on and hook the end going to the switch to the brown one and tape the other end off. Works great.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
is that worded right? maybe its just to early for me to understand it right now.
so what about cutting the white and black wire, just leave it hanging?

MILIGHTNING

Established Member
Sorry, let me clear things up. The white/black wire has 12v only when the headlight are on. Thats why you can only turn the foglights on with the headlights . The brown wire has 12v when the running lights are on and when you turn the headlights on, it still has 12v. So in theory if you put the wires together like it says, when the headlights are on you are over volting the foglights circuit. So I cut the white/black wire in half. The end going into the switch I hook up to the brown wire. So that the foglight has 12v when the parking lights are on.
The reason I did this is because I had nothing but problems with the way the foglight mod instruction said. Fuses blowing (because it over volts the foglight. Bulbs blowing. I hope this make more sense. I was in a hurry When I type the first time. My girlfriend was rushing me to go out.

Users who are viewing this thread