How have your cars been holding up?

hailstate94

Established Member
I'm about to graduate college in another year and will likely get a 5.0. I was wondering how your interiors and engines have been as your cars have a few years under their belts. (If I can hold 3 more years it will be a boss or a 16 camaro.)

kdaly

Established Member
I'm about to graduate college in another year and will likely get a 5.0. I was wondering how your interiors and engines have been as your cars have a few years under their belts. (If I can hold 3 more years it will be a boss or a 16 camaro.)

Cost of ownership is cheap. Get the Auto if you are gonna track it or if you want a guaranteed solid setup. Manuals are a hit and miss. Great car for the money. Has a great motor for boost. Interior is ok, Ive got some noises but my car is modded and I dont know if they would be there in stock form. Make sure you get one in decent shape. Any time you get a used sports car its been used ya know. Im digging the new camaro's too with the LT1. In three years Id get the 2015+ stang tho. Great interior and the motor has some perks us 11-14 coyote's dont have.

KushBandit

Established Member
I beat the shit out of my car like it owes me money. Only issue I had is an A/C blender door going out. Common among S197 mustangs.

hailstate94

Established Member
Yea I be getting a manual car. Interior I was thinking cloth seats, just seem to hold up better over time. Probably won't do anything other than exhaust and minor suspension stuff. Either way plan on beating the crap out of it and getting my money's worth
Cost of ownership is cheap. Get the Auto if you are gonna track it or if you want a guaranteed solid setup. Manuals are a hit and miss. Great car for the money. Has a great motor for boost. Interior is ok, Ive got some noises but my car is modded and I dont know if they would be there in stock form. Make sure you get one in decent shape. Any time you get a used sports car its been used ya know. Im digging the new camaro's too with the LT1. In three years Id get the 2015+ stang tho. Great interior and the motor has some perks us 11-14 coyote's dont have.

liter of cola

Established Member
Transmission is definatley a week point in the package... But i dont think its a deal breaker... I would only recomend auto if your a girl, an old man or a drag racer. I curently have a 2014 ruby red track pack with recaros no other options in it. I put 11,500 miles on it so far and what ive experienced is your gonna get little noises here and there.. Delete your sound tube and get a loud exhaust to get your mind off the little bs noises. My brembo brakes squeel on and off and that alone can drive you crazy with a stock exhaust. Im getting an odd ticking sound from the clutch and ford says its normal. Dont expect them to help you unless your problem is serious. I had to go to my dealer 5 times to finally get them to properly diagnose a wierd chirping sound i was getting from the rear end over bumps.... It turned out to be the rear brake... That was at about 6-7 k miles and now im starting to notice the issue coming back. So all issues aside i ffin love this car... I curently have a quad tip borla atak axleback, frpp adjustable dampers, frpp k springs, gt500 strut mounts, bmr lca's, bmr adjustable panhard bar, bmr adjustable uca and a snazzy shift nob.... Short shifter coming soon.... I still want the exhaust to be louder but it sounds wicked still.... With the suspension parts i installed this car handles like a serious beast, tons of grip, perfect launches are easy, car corners pretty damn flat, corner exit and stability and grip over bumps has been exponentially improved. Be advised on the stock suspension wen you try to put power down on bumpy roads your rear end with act like a sloppy joe. Upgrading suspension is a must.

Overall i love this platform and cant wait to continue adding to my setup. I strongly recomend this car, power is best for the money and its i think the best engine in its class. Live axle leaves some to be desired but with work done its extremely compitant. I also strongly recomend the recaros, this car can corner bro, you'll be flopping around in the seat if you dont have recaros. You cant go wrong with a coyote mustang if you dont mind small issues regarding refinemant. The car is very capable and parts are cheap.

KushBandit

Established Member
I can haz spelling?

mb5hn.jpg

lpheaven

Established Member
My procharged 2012 BOSS is running without issue 18.5k miles.
Last night i ordered a RXT clutch/flywheel kit and TSS OPGs from Terry. Install will be done next week. Next year i plan to bump the boost a bit.

Last edited:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
It's been ok, the stock clutch was dragging and killed my transmission. Also, at about 7k and bone stock, the rear axle had to be rebuilt. The radio face plate cracked on it's own and ford replaced it. The marker lenses where getting moisture in them and they were replaced.

Other then that I beat on the car pretty hard and every summer weekend I launch the car at around 5000 rpms and shift at 7800 rpms.

The engine and transmission are solid. With the exception that the mt82 needs a twin disk to shift at those higher rpms.

Last edited:

helloWorld

Established Member
My car is in my signature. I have put about 55,000 original miles on it.

At about 5,000 miles in, the battery died. That was replaced by a local Ford dealership free of charge.
At about 15,000 miles in, my driver side fog light went out. That was replaced by a local Ford dealership free of charge.
At about 25,000 miles in, the OEM tires were in need of replacing.
At about 35,000 miles in , my car developed squeaking noises when going over bumps. I have done nothing about that.
At about 40,000 miles in, the passenger side window developed a squeak when rolling up and down. I have done nothing about that.
At about 45,000 miles in, I had to replace both of my upstream oxygen sensors due to failure of those sensors.
At about 45,000 miles in, my car developed a truly sporadic P0303 error. I replaced all of the spark plugs at that point, but the misfire code still sporadically arrives. I am hoping that it is a fuel injector and not something electrical. Other than that, the issue still persists.
At about 53,000 miles in, my front brakes have developed a squeak, obviously whenever stopping.

So, 55,000 miles in and the only persistent issues are squeaking suspension, squeaking brakes, squeaking passenger side window, and a sporadic P0303 code.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
21K, purchased new on 5/16/12. NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE. period. if you want to drag race the 6R cars are amazing, if your a track guy, backroads guy, MT82 cars a great for that. DO NOT power shift the car and your tranny will last forever. i can some how go bottom 12s@118-119 without power shifting my car. stock shifter stock bracket too. i get locked out of 3rd every once and a blue moon, but that is life with a remote shifter car and 7400 rpms.

clc44

Established Member
I've got 45k on my 2013 A6 GT. Lightly modded and not beat on too bad. The positive battery terminal end broke and you have to replace the entire harness which sucks! My wiper motor went out which was cheap and easy to fix. I just put ford racing k springs and gt500 shocks and struts. I love the car, the lighting on the 13/14 are much improved. I'd get a 13/14 if possible. The front and rear look much better imho.

Good luck! The 5.0 is a great motor.

wingless5.0

Established Member
Bought mine new with 5 miles on it. Now has just over 50k miles on it and its going strong. Havent had any major issues, bolt on auto car. Just changed the plugs brakes and all that fun stuff and its like a new car. No issues with any of the interior still smells new and no cracks or what not in the leather (premium) All in all, good car, im surprised ive owned it this long.

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
I just rolled 33,xxx miles the other day. Been supercharged for most of the miles. My only issue was 3rd gear feeling notchy, but that was fixed when I swapped the fluid out for Redline MTL. Interior is still in really good condition.

Users who are viewing this thread