How hard to put idlers and new belt on, plus belt size?

LBSVT93

Established Member
Hey guys new to the cobra scene, just picked up an 04 and it already has a 2.8 richard racing pulley, along with a predator tuner, however I want to get the car dyno tuned and make sure its safe etc..., before I do this though I want to put on billitflow four piece idlers and a new belt either gates or gatorback. How hard is it to put these idlers on, and what size belt do I need to go with. I also plan on doing catback, off road h, and a jlt intake before having it tuned. Thanks,.... oh and prob plugs which ones should I get and what should the gap be, and one more q, I wont need a new tune if I then do a heat exchanger and a radiator will I? My goal after these mods is to do subframes, irs work, then just go with a kb, tb, mass air, injectors etc...all at once down the road...

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
I got billetflow idlers. Nice products. Its easy to take the stockers off. All I used is a socket wrench. I have a gates belt. I have NGK iridium 7's and not sure on the gapping of the plugs. I would definently do a heat exchanger and reservoir. A radiator is not really that crucial. The stock one is not that bad. I didn't do a tune after the install of the exchanger and reservoir. A Bassani catback is by far the best catback I have ever owned. I am like you by doing an all in one time install. I got stacks of mods awaiting for the purchase of the KB.

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Putting on the Iders are REALLY easy. It wont take long at all. I'd say half hour tops since it's your first time.

Putting the belt back on can be can be a pain though. It's not too hard, just frusterating. I recommend doing that with a friend.

spincobra03

Established Member
PWORLDSTANG said:
Putting on the Iders are REALLY easy. It wont take long at all. I'd say half hour tops since it's your first time.

Putting the belt back on can be can be a pain though. It's not too hard, just frusterating. I recommend doing that with a friend.

agreed, taking off no problem, but you need a second set of hands to get the belt on. And if you call billet flow and tell them the upper and all idler sizes and they will tell you what size u need. gatorbacks a good belt as is gates.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
putting a belt on (by yourself) is EASY if you follow these directions:

install snub bracket and leave snub pulley off......route belt around everything but upper and then, while holding tensioner down, install belt around upper and then push snub idler into the belt and slip it onto bracket

let go of breaker bar and put bolt in snub

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
i did the same thing as jb, worked pretty well, with 2.93 upper 4# lower, 3x100mm idlers and one 90mm, i got a 78.5 belt to fit, good bye belt slip. i had to pop a limiter off of the belt tensioner tho.

LBSVT93

Established Member
is it also true that the sct xcal2 is better then the diablo predator, everyone keeps telling me this?, if it is I will go with it and get rid of the predator

Users who are viewing this thread