How hard is your clutch?

Shepp1691

Established Member
When I purchased my car the owner knew it had the clutch replaced but was unaware of what kind it was replaced with. I don't have the best knees in the world, but now I find myself barely being able to make it to work without my knee giving out. So, how hard is your clutch and us there one that is known for an easier peddle. My clutch also has the on/off feel to it, it is either engaged or not. Thanks in advanced.

Crusher9008

Established Member
When I purchased my car the owner knew it had the clutch replaced but was unaware of what kind it was replaced with. I don't have the best knees in the world, but now I find myself barely being able to make it to work without my knee giving out. So, how hard is your clutch and us there one that is known for an easier peddle. My clutch also has the on/off feel to it, it is either engaged or not. Thanks in advanced.

I've got a RXT McLoud twin disc, pricey but my pedal effort is almost like pushing my gas peddle. That easy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jacker1991

Established Member
My clutch used to feel like that till I found out that the pivot ball was loose(and bent). I replaced the pivot ball and now is very easy to push the clutch, the difference was so much that I had to get used to it the 1st day.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
OP, sounds like it might be time for a twin disc if you have bad knees. The RXT McLoud mentioned above is a GREAT set up. I plan on going this rout in the future. I use my car as a DD and traffic SUCKS with how hard the clutch is.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
my spec 2 is pretty stiff, but I like that in a clutch. I hate feeling like I am pushing air. drive a c6 vette and you will understand. my spec 2 is a hair stiffer than a stock 03 cobra.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I can only assume my clutch is stock, but it is pretty stiff. I test drove a 2011 GT500 and it felt like it took half the effort to push that clutch in compared to my Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread