How hard is it to put in MM low profile bolts?

whtsnake03

Established Member
Do I just put the rear up on jackstands, support the differential and swap out the bolts? Or is there more to it?

Do I have to take off the cat-back to get to the bolts?

How long did it take you?

:pepper: Any help is greatly appreciated. :banana:

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
haha, I just did mine about 30 minutes ago and it was EASY. Support the rear w/ jackstands (at the framerail/subframe connector. Take the wheels off and put the jack under the IRS subframe right where the lower control arm connects to it. Jack it up just a hair and remove the 18mm bolt. You may have to raise or lower the jack just a little but it will come right out. Don't move the jack once you get it out. Put the new one in and you are done! It took me about 20 minutes from start to finish.

Last edited:

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
There was just a post saying those bolts are JUNK and the poster said he rounded out the allen wrench head on bolt before getting it to specified torq? Any of you guys have that problem????

Fang

Established Member
I really don't know if it was worth it to do but it is fairly cheap and it can't hurt. :shrug:

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
EvanStang said:
There was just a post saying those bolts are JUNK and the poster said he rounded out the allen wrench head on bolt before getting it to specified torq? Any of you guys have that problem????

mine were fine. Did he use the right size allen wrench?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Extremely easy install. Bolts went in without any issues at all. Torqued to spec and fine a year later.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
EvanStang said:

Mine wouldn't torque quite to spec, but close enough. They started to round and yes I was using the right hex for the job. They've been in about a year and haven't moved.

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
I got a couple still new, I would like to sell, sold the IRS and went solid before I ever got around to installing them, they weren't worth enough to list, but if someone needs them and wants to save a couple bucks, PM me.

Hollowtip429

Established Member
NY04snake said:
I got a couple still new, I would like to sell, sold the IRS and went solid before I ever got around to installing them, they weren't worth enough to list, but if someone needs them and wants to save a couple bucks, PM me.
PM sent!

Users who are viewing this thread