How good is refurbished quality?

baldNittos04

Established Member
I was looking at getting a laptop to travel with.
Anyone know how good the quality is or had any first hand experience with one?

Seems like I could get a good one for 600-900 bucks or so.
What do you guys think? I wanted something good, but nothing fancy

1+ gig ram
1.7 or faster chip, looking at core 2 duo
40+ gig hd
light, good battery
13-15 in screen.

how about for a digital camera??

thanks!!!

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
i looked into a refurbished lap top before i bought this one a gateway.. it just depends on how much the refurbished is. I picked this lap top up for $450 new from best buy. Its great. I dunno.. i usualy try to avoid refurbished unless its a MUST.

king nothing

Established Member
For some things I would rather go with refurb that not. Some electronics for example will go through stricter quality control after being refurbished than they did new. I just bought a refurbished pioneer head unit for my snake

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
There's handjob good, which is used.

There's PIIHB good, which is brand ****ing new.

Then there's vagina good, which is refurbished.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
ford_racer said:
There's handjob good, which is used.

There's PIIHB good, which is brand ****ing new.

Then there's vagina good, which is refurbished.

Then there's ford racer, who makes no sense. :dw:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
hydroshutter said:
They're not as reliable.[/QUOTE

Horseshyt! Whether or not they are reliable or not depends entirely on the company and their procedured for refurbishing equipment.

Dell for example gives the same warranty on refurbs as they do for their new computers ... and the warranty percentage is prolly a bit less than new.

Now .. the above beind said ... would I buy a refurb that comes with a 30 or 90 day warranty? no I wouldn't ... but I would buy a refurb that comes with a 1 year or more warranty.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I opened up a petting zoo. So far, the only animal I have is Ross. I think I'm gonna go steal a camel, and only let people touch it's toe.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
RDJ said:
hydroshutter said:
They're not as reliable.[/QUOTE

Horseshyt! Whether or not they are reliable or not depends entirely on the company and their procedured for refurbishing equipment.

Dell for example gives the same warranty on refurbs as they do for their new computers ... and the warranty percentage is prolly a bit less than new.

Now .. the above beind said ... would I buy a refurb that comes with a 30 or 90 day warranty? no I wouldn't ... but I would buy a refurb that comes with a 1 year or more warranty.

Calm down, you might have a heart attack.

I'm speaking from my personal experience with computers and other electronics, from a long term use standpoint.

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
Some refurbished products are merely store displays or scratch and dent items. I have purchased many different types of refurbs and have to have any problems.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
hydroshutter said:
RDJ said:
Calm down, you might have a heart attack.

I'm speaking from my personal experience with computers and other electronics, from a long term use standpoint.

Then you should have said .. that it was your opinion based on some alleged past experience. You made a blanket statement .. that was horseshyt. It still is ...

It will be a long time before I have a hear attack over something posted on this board ....

Users who are viewing this thread