how good/bad is this?

Satan's Snake

Established Member
went to the track today with a few friends and wanted to see if I could improve on my previous runs best of 8.345. I launched at about 4,5xx and tried to slip the clutch kinda quick(unfortunately it keep slippin after I let off:shrug:)

first and only pass and yes I know...i red lighted

R/T .423
60' 1.947
330 5.336
1/8 8.140
MPH 88.62

I had to ease off the throttle in first so the clutch would stop slipping but after that it went pretty smooth

mods are in sig

I'm just curious to know what I should be running and how much I need to improve

:beer:

Satan's Snake

Established Member
yeah I woulda loved a 7.9 pass. I'm running nitto 555R d/r's. @ 21psi

I read somewhere in this section that upping the pressure to 40psi in your front tires helps is that true?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
yeah I woulda loved a 7.9 pass. I'm running nitto 555R d/r's. @ 21psi

I read somewhere in this section that upping the pressure to 40psi in your front tires helps is that true?
Only if they're skinnies! ;-) COuld take a little practice, but you should be able to get those Nittos into the 1.7 sixty foot range which would help your ET a bunch. Just takes practice......

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
a slipping clutch is definitely hurting your et

Satan's Snake

Established Member
it didn't slip much just at the launch when I went full throttle while feathering it...I'm gonna try to feather the throttle this weekend and see if I can lower my short times

Users who are viewing this thread