How good are stock rotors?

luvgun74

Established Member
driving home from work today ive noticed (how do i explain the noise) what sounds like a wawa noise coming from the front passenger side of my car as im slowing to traffic lights. I was playing around in the car last weekend doing about 140 and slowed up to 80 or so applying fair amount brakes in the process. Havent drove the car since then, but i'm wondering if i warped the rotor? Anyone had any issues with the oem rotors on these cars? Best way to describe it is a wobbly sound from the front. Only coming to stops though. Thanks in advance.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I would lean more towards pad transfer to the rotor. The pads leave a little material and you will get a feel like that.

tvuser

Established Member
I have busted 160 many times on gps and never had any funny sounds or brake issuses...if you warped the rotor it should give a vibration somewhere when applying the brakes. Does it change with speed or pressure...can you feel anything in the steering wheel or pedal?It is possibly that you may have, but you say it has been sitting ever since. Take it out for a drive and see if you can isolate it.Or you could pull the wheels and check for runout on the rotors. Good luck.

luvgun74

Established Member
Yeah, ill take it out and check it more closely in the morning. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep you posted. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread