How good and reliable are 99/01 Cobra "C" Heads with Forced Induction?

dragracingfreak

Bowtie Killer
Established Member
Yes this sounds kinda silly since basically all heads to is put the air and fuel in, but what I'm asking is where they have 4 thread spark plug holes, will they be fine with a d1sc procharger on the car, is there anybody on here with that setup and have you had any problems and had to helicoil them?

scarlett98

Established Member
You don't need to start a new thread for every question you have.

Depending on what boost level you want to throw at it they will hold fine. I doubt you'll blow the plug out under 16#s or less. Shit it probably depends on how you drive the car.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
FWIW, B-Heads have 4-threaded spark plug holes as well. People have been running boost into 4-threaded heads with no issues, while others have had issues. Who's to say what contributing factors led to the threads giving away. But it's no cause for concern. Make sure you tighten down your spark plugs to spec w/ a little anti-seize and you'll be fine. If you're really that concerned about it, try to locate some 9-threaded revised heads.

dragracingfreak

Bowtie Killer
Established Member
I have read so much of those threads and cant seem to find anything about the 4 thread and 9 thread heads, is there any other vehicle that uses the 04 cobra heads with the 9 threaded heads?

dragracingfreak

Bowtie Killer
Established Member
^^^^ your joking right? We told you aviator 05 heads to...

yeah but i didnt realize they were prolly the best route to go since ford fixed all the problems with that head, just done more reading in the last hour or so and found that out, I thought they were just the same as 03/04 cobras but they are actually better from what ive read, and I was wondering if there was any other vehicle other than an 05 aviator and whats wrong with asking questions like that, just making sure i get the close to the same answer from everyone not just one or two people

Last edited:

White96svt

Established Member
yeah but i didnt realize they were prolly the best route to go since ford fixed all the problems with that head, just done more reading in the last hour or so and found that out, I thought they were just the same as 03/04 cobras but they are actually better from what ive read, and I was wondering if there was any other vehicle other than an 05 aviator and whats wrong with asking questions like that, just making sure i get the close to the same answer from everyone not just one or two people

Nothing is wrong with asking questions. Some people are far more up tight than others and have to immediately tell someome what they've done wrong but not how to do it right.

Good luck with your project!

laddanator

Established Member
I'm going to sum up all your questions with this answer. As I said before on your other posts, get 05 Aviator heads. These heads are the revised 03/04 Cobra heads that have the 9 SP thread and the coolant issue with cylinder 7 and 8 has been fixed with the revised heads. The reason I say 05 Aviator (same 03/04 revised head) is because when you put the word Cobra in front of a part, it gets 5x more expensive. If you want the best C heads, then get a used set of 05 Aviator heads or call Mike R from the Ford dealer on this site and you can get a new set of the revised heads for 1800 bucks.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
If your worried about blowing the spark plugs out of the head just find a set of 9 threads easy as that

For what its worth, for the premium people are typically asking for 9-thread heads, I was able to purchase a set of 4 thread heads, have them cleaned, decked, a few worn valve guides replaced and thread-inserts installed in the spark-plug holes. So I essentially got a fresh set of heads for the price of a used 9-thread set. Sounds like a better deal to me... :p

Tunedprt91

Established Member
For what its worth, for the premium people are typically asking for 9-thread heads, I was able to purchase a set of 4 thread heads, have them cleaned, decked, a few worn valve guides replaced and thread-inserts installed in the spark-plug holes. So I essentially got a fresh set of heads for the price of a used 9-thread set. Sounds like a better deal to me... :p

I just sold a set of 9 threads and I feel like I couldnt give them away. I had them listed on here for months and finally sold them on ebay. They were 04 aviators and I have a set of 05 aviators but im keeping those for myself lol. You just have to know where to look to find deals. I got both sets of heads complete/ready to bolt on, from the same site, and paid around $600 for each set.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
By the way nobody is saying asking questions is wrong its just that he doesnt need to have 10 different threads for each one. Just ask them all in one thread to keep it simple :beer:

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
My "B" heads are only 4 thread and have survived nearly 20lbs of boost + an occasional 100 shot of the sauce with no problems. Torque them correctly and use anti-seize, shouldn't have any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread