How far have you driven your modded cobra

mfrone77

Established Member
Im planning on taking some long trips this summer and im wondering how far you've driven your modded car. I'm planning on driving an 8 hour drive and a 10 hour drive. My car has a 3.1/6 combo intake exhaust HE and sct tune. Let me know if there is anything I should Know thanks.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
same pulley combo here with many more mods than you and i drive from Houston, Tx. to Lubbock, Tx (both ways) 2-3 times a year without issue....except my ears killing me because i can't drive with the windows up and my car is LOUD

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Mine drove from Georgia to Philly straight with a 2.9/6 Combo. Never got Hot and got a ton of Thumbs up on the way!

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
You will be fine. It's no different than if you were driving it when it was stock.

$ickZ06

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
same pulley combo here with many more mods than you and i drive from Houston, Tx. to Lubbock, Tx (both ways) 2-3 times a year without issue....except my ears killing me because i can't drive with the windows up and my car is LOUD

Why can't you drive with your windows up? :shrug:

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
100 mile one way trip to get it tuned. It did make a 470 trip when i bought it but she was on a trailer.

YoungJim

Established Member
I did 1500 km (about 900 miles) in one day, albeit without any serious mods. Just goes to show how comfortable that seat is, though.

Rustan

Dude in a Cobra
Established Member
I drove my Cobra on a 600 mile trip 30 minutes after I pullied it from stock to a 2.76 upper. No issues, unless you are in the boost the car is like stock, well, if you changed you alt pulley for that 6# lower...

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
SuperchargedSnake said:
Why can't you drive with your windows up? :shrug:

it's nothing technical with the car, i just always drive with my windows down....kinda suprised i didn't buy a vert
even when it's 30* out i just crank up the heat and roll em down...everyone that rides with me gets pissed about it

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
A little over 3000 miles from Alameda, California to Titusville, Florida. Drove one stretch for more than 24 hours with only gas/food stops. I only had a 3.1" upper but she ran strong the whole way... even through the desert when temps were over 114 F.

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
I ran mine from Pheonix, AZ to my home here in PA. 36 hours straight, only stopping for food, and gas, and to switch drivers, no stopping for the night to sleep! 2200 miles. Have a 2.81 pulley, and some other mods.

You'll be good to go.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Nothing too far for me...from Detroit to Chicago and back a few times with
plenty of races along the way.

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
I Drive my car every where i go. I make almost 630 RWHP and i wouldn't think twice about getting in and driving it any where

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I drove the car on a 1500 mile round trip, ran mid 10's @ 130+ and drove it back home. WFC8 2005 in St Louis

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
i drove 100 miles to the track and still went 12.1@ 117 with a 1.9 60"
on stock tires

liedenfrost

Established Member
I've taken my pullied cobra on 800 - 1200 mile trips usually once or twice a year. You should not have any problems if the tune is good. The car runs just like stock until you are into the boost. I get about 25 mpg on the highway. I was a bit cautious on long trips until I installed the differential brace, because I didn't want to be too far from home if the differential blew up.

Users who are viewing this thread