How does tuner select shift firmness?

0TriZzlePhatRid

How does a tuner firm up the shifts? Is it a yes or no selection or is it a 1-10 scale. I have a FTVB and just got a tune and now it shifts softer than before the tune.

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
A tuner firms the shift up by increaseing the line pressure which isnt good. I had a SuperChip tuner installed on my truck with shift frimness all the way up. I installed a FTVB and put the tuner back to stock firmness and now it shifts harder than it did with the tuner.

Wayne

0TriZzlePhatRid

Yeah, I know they made it firm through the line pressure. But how would they make it shift softer?? I have the FTVB, and after the chip it shifts softer.

I am asking is it a 1-10 selection as far as increasing the pressure?, or what??

Z7What