How does the order process go

nate

Established Member
I have a couple of questions about the order process. First, I asked my dealer what quarter his allocation was, and he told me it was a March build date. But as of now, my order still shows unscheduled. Does that mean, in theory, that my order should be pulled in the next couple of weeks?

And how does the order timeline actually progress. Lets say that tomorrow, my order gets pulled. What are the stages and the average timeline between each? I've tried to search, but didn't really find anything that explained the whole process.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It's hard to determine.

But when you receive a VIN your car is usually built within 3 weeks. And then it's another 2-4 weeks for delivery.

If you don't have a VIN from your dealer yet it's becoming less and less likely that your car will be built in march

Congrats on your purchase!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I have a couple of questions about the order process. First, I asked my dealer what quarter his allocation was, and he told me it was a March build date. But as of now, my order still shows unscheduled. Does that mean, in theory, that my order should be pulled in the next couple of weeks?

And how does the order timeline actually progress. Lets say that tomorrow, my order gets pulled. What are the stages and the average timeline between each? I've tried to search, but didn't really find anything that explained the whole process.

See sig for my personal timeline.

Nickoli

Established Member
I put a deposit down and waited. Thank God I found my car on this sites classifieds w 800mi on it only 5 hours from me. I don't know if I could have dealt with the order process to get mine. Good luck and what did you order?

nate

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. Once your order is pulled, how long until a vin?

I put a deposit down and waited. Thank God I found my car on this sites classifieds w 800mi on it only 5 hours from me. I don't know if I could have dealt with the order process to get mine. Good luck and what did you order?
I ordered a black w/ black stripe pp, nav, and recaros right before the banks opened in November, and the dealer placed the order the day of. Been waiting many years for this, a few more months is nothing. I'm in no rush, late spring is perfect. As long as I know for sure that I am getting one, I'm good.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ordered on 12/6/12...My order went from "unscheduled-material hold" to "unscheduled-clean" last Friday, then this morning it got scheduled for the week of March 11th (and VIN issued today). Next step is it to get scheduled to a specific day, then built, then hung up in Area 51 for God knows how long, then to me to get washed/cleaned/waxed/tinted. :beer:

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
I ordered on 12/6/12...My order went from "unscheduled-material hold" to "unscheduled-clean" last Friday, then this morning it got scheduled for the week of March 11th (and VIN issued today). Next step is it to get scheduled to a specific day, then built, then hung up in Area 51 for God knows how long, then to me to get washed/cleaned/waxed/tinted. :beer:

Same here, about 2 days after unscheduled-clean I got my Vin, eta next week, but I'm expecting the car around the 1st week of april

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Same here, about 2 days after unscheduled-clean I got my Vin, eta next week, but I'm expecting the car around the 1st week of april

That may be a little optimistic, but I hope not. :beer:

nate

Established Member
My order actually shows "in order processing' according to Deysha over at the mustang source. Is that different than unscheduled?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i ordered on 12/12 /12 went from "material hold" to "order in process" no ETA .anybody hear of this.???

My order actually shows "in order processing' according to Deysha over at the mustang source. Is that different than unscheduled?

Straight off of my dealer direct website..

In Order Processing
Primary Status: The vehicle order is being processed.

I think this is step right before it gets to unscheduled-clean

Myfast70

Established Member
There's a lot of variables. I ordered mine on 5/12 and it finally showed at the dealer on 10/16. I really think part of it comes down to luck.

jbs$

Established Member
It is interesting to read the post from the guys who have ordered 14 GT500's. It is a re-run of the same story and posts that we all went through with the 13's last year. Only some of the names have changed. Where is Farm Boy, he was one of our main contributors on this issue last year.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
From what I have seen all orders are being scheduled much quicker this year, compared to last year.

Users who are viewing this thread