How does a 5.0 with a Boss manifold compare to a Boss, dyno graph wise.

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
So I have been seaching quite a bit, and it seems to me the numbers are about 10whp off from one another, the 5.0 being down. I just wanted to see what everyone else who maybe has been paying more attention than me has seen as far as WHP and WTQ numbers of a new Boss 302 with stock intake compared to a 5.0 with stock intake and the Boss 302 intake manifold.

I understand the 5.0 will have to have a tune to run the manifold, so where does that put it compared to the boss in tuned and untuned numbers? As far as factory power making mods, it seems like the Boss 302 only has the extra advantage of it's machines heads. The other goodies such as the upgraded cooling system, built lower end of the short block, etc, aren't going to add power, just make the car last on the track. I can't speak for the track key, but I am talking bsically stock to stock-ish. Thanks!

TRDon

Established Member
Higher copper content in the heads for better heat disapation, higher lift cams, 2.5 hrs on a cnc for the heads plus a ton of other little things.

Jedisalami

Established Member
had a graph of mine layed over a bone stock boss. My car bone stock with a canned tune and boss intake a few more hp peak, but the bosses entire power curve was a little broader

Napoleon85

Established Member
Also depends on whose tune you are running. This can make a difference.

Mike

This is key. You're never going to get an apples to apples comparison unless you have the boss tuned by the same person, and then run them on the same dyno on the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread