how do you remove the window paint from the track?

mustangkid05

Established Member
i am talking about the white stuff they put on your window at the track. I got lazy and decided i would wash it off 2 days later and now it wont come off lol, any ideas?
thanks

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
no, sand paper is the serious answer...:idea:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
razor blade like explained above, at an angle with a light touch and you will be fine.

sand paper was just to bust your ball.....

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
you use the razor blade like when you take paint off the windows after they have been painted on a house. It works great and doesnt leave marks, i advise not using sand paper though

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
yea sand paper was a joke, just make sure you wet the window a little bit before you use the razor blade. Makes it a little easier.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
have a vacume handy or be ready to wash teh car as the crap normally shreds and goes all over the paint

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Most tracks use window chalk that comes right off...Maybe next time take your own bottle?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
wd40 is good for removing stubborn stuff, like residue from parking violation warning stickers :rollseyes

super hot, soapy water will often remove just about anything with a quickness as well.

you can buy one of those razors with a neon plastic handle at home depot that were made for this very purpose. easier to use than just holding a blade, but its not rocket science either. just be careful so you dont scratch your window.

Users who are viewing this thread