How do you remove/replace license plate panel?

smokin03

Established Member
Before I break something. How do you remove and replace the license plate panel. I am replacing with carbon fiber panel. Which I have already. Thanks

Kapy

Established Member
I took my rear bumper cover off to install mine. That is the safest way unless you want to risk cracking or braking your bumper cover. Then you are looking at a way more expensive job to fix, replace and oh yeah paint.

It is not that difficult to take the bumper cover off and put back on. I did it myself with no help.

smokin03

Established Member
I can not get this thing off for the life of me. Feels like the whole bumper cover is going to come off. Kapy, what step did you use to take the rear off? I have never messed with that before and want to make sure I don't f it up.

Kapy

Established Member
I can not get this thing off for the life of me. Feels like the whole bumper cover is going to come off. Kapy, what step did you use to take the rear off? I have never messed with that before and want to make sure I don't f it up.

Smokin,

I use this for most of the work I have done to my 13 and I generally have no issues at all.

I know Snoopy on here has access to shop manual instructions for our cars. I have not made the $200.00 purchase yet for our shop manual link or CD.

However here is a link to the 2011 worksho manual. Click on Rear bumper cover and it is exactly the same as our cars.

The only thing it doesn't tell you to do but I will highly recommend is to remove your tailights. Trust me makes it much easier when putting the bumper cover back on the car.

This process is not difficult just time consuming. And an extra hand helps, if you have a buddy that wants to help you and put down a few beers in the process.

Good luck.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=1097&viewfile=Bumper Cover - Rear.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread