How do you put OEM TPMS sensor bands on wheels?

weider1717

Established Member
I had my wheels widended and bought new OEM style bands and new sensors, all ford factory original equipment.

I do not want to put regular screw type bands on and all the tire places are not sure to and don't have the equipment to put the OEM bands on?

Anyone ran into this before?

Thanks

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I am also using the stem type TPMS on a set of Black Alcoa's that I am currently putting together. The stems I am using are all metal and bolt together instead of the rubber "pull-in" type stems.

R

weider1717

Established Member
I just liked the thought of putting it back the way it came is all. I am just an original kind of guy for example my car is slightly modded both engine, suspension, exterior but everything is minor so to look at it everything looks very stock. I plan to stay with this setup.

Thanks for the replies.

Imatk

Established Member
The 2013 came with the stem type TPMS. I think because it's lighter.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The 2013 came with the stem type TPMS. I think because it's lighter.

I think, but am not positive that the oem stem type TPMS started in 2011, maybe even 2010 on the GT500. The 2013 had a heavier duty stem assy., probably for the 200 mph capability of that car.

R

V8Flexin

Established Member
I believe the OEM style was a screw type band. It's not the best setup as you may encounter the sensor moving causing excessive vibration due to out of balance wheel. Also another down side of the band style is that every time you need to remove the tire you run the risk of breaking the sensor if the location is unknown. But taking your wheels to the dealer is your best bet if the bands are a different style and require a special tool to install.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I believe the OEM style was a screw type band. It's not the best setup as you may encounter the sensor moving causing excessive vibration due to out of balance wheel. Also another down side of the band style is that every time you need to remove the tire you run the risk of breaking the sensor if the location is unknown. But taking your wheels to the dealer is your best bet if the bands are a different style and require a special tool to install.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I have a couple of Super Snake Alcoa's stashed away, I can't get to them right now, but I think you are right, they have a long screw type hose clamp which holds a "holder" in place, I believe the holder is double stick taped to the inner wheel, then the TPMS unit itself clips into that holder. I don't remember if the long screw clamp holds both the holder and the TPMS in place or just the TPMS holder?

R

Users who are viewing this thread