HOW Do YOU PUT AN 03 BLOWER ON A 97 COBRA

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The first step on putting an 03 blower on a 97 Cobra is using the search function. The topic has been covered before... several times.

blk96SVT

Established Member
and it has been found to be not worth the money/time/effort. Just build your motor and throw on a Paxton/vortech/ATI or even a turbo

NXGHOST

Established Member
EVERY facking subject known to man about mustangs has been discussed here. Lets just reply to every topic with. "Use the search". Heck, why not just have a big search button as the main site? No human interaction at all, just a database?

Mechanic

I am a Honky
Established Member
Im putting a 03 blower on my car right now. Im am making an aluminum spacer that is in two pieces. One piece mates up to the lower IMRC plates the other bolts to the bottom of the M112 eaton. I am going to machine a primary runner extension(pictures will come soon enough so dont get your panties in a twist) and leave the IMRC plates in place and fully functioning. The total intake on the "B" heads is 222 cc's vs. 177 on the 03 cobra. Below 3200 Rpm the effective intake cc is 107 cc due to the IMRC. This will create a higher velocity charge and conversly more bottom end torque. Above 4000 the bypass on the blower will fully close giving me full boost. The blower will be driven slower than a stock '03 as I have higher compression and a smaller chambers. 5lbs is really all you need on a stock shortblock(any more it turns into a grenade) plus the eaton specs at 5lbs of boost indicate a Delta-T between 100-125 degrees F. Therefore I really dont need an intercooler. I am early into this project and Im working on the belt routing now. The computer will have to be tuned for the blower. If this works(or not-I dont care) I will make the spacer on my CNC and sell them for 100-200 bucks. Ideally you could supercharge your car for under $1000 as I paid next to nothing for my blower. The M90 might be a more Ideal choice and those can be had for like $250 a piece. Its going to be a long winter so I am doing this project. I could easily just go buy a premade kit but where is the fun in that???? I am an engineer with plenty of free time at work so.......

riddles96cobra

Established Member
Mechanic said:
Im putting a 03 blower on my car right now. Im am making an aluminum spacer that is in two pieces. One piece mates up to the lower IMRC plates the other bolts to the bottom of the M112 eaton. I am going to machine a primary runner extension(pictures will come soon enough so dont get your panties in a twist) and leave the IMRC plates in place and fully functioning. The total intake on the "B" heads is 222 cc's vs. 177 on the 03 cobra. Below 3200 Rpm the effective intake cc is 107 cc due to the IMRC. This will create a higher velocity charge and conversly more bottom end torque. Above 4000 the bypass on the blower will fully close giving me full boost. The blower will be driven slower than a stock '03 as I have higher compression and a smaller chambers. 5lbs is really all you need on a stock shortblock(any more it turns into a grenade) plus the eaton specs at 5lbs of boost indicate a Delta-T between 100-125 degrees F. Therefore I really dont need an intercooler. I am early into this project and Im working on the belt routing now. The computer will have to be tuned for the blower. If this works(or not-I dont care) I will make the spacer on my CNC and sell them for 100-200 bucks. Ideally you could supercharge your car for under $1000 as I paid next to nothing for my blower. The M90 might be a more Ideal choice and those can be had for like $250 a piece. Its going to be a long winter so I am doing this project. I could easily just go buy a premade kit but where is the fun in that???? I am an engineer with plenty of free time at work so.......

what did the M90 charger come on? i am looking to supercharge my 96 cobra over the winter also, and i was looking for something to run with the stock shortblock that wont blow it up to quick.

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
the m90 was on the supercoupe thunderbirds and I think the gm on the 3.8 regals and gtp's was a derivative?

Mechanic

I am a Honky
Established Member

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Definitely keep us posted Mechanic. I am very interested. Something to boost the lowend but not enough to really hurt the motor. You could make a fortune off something like that. Need a partner?:-D

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Mechanic said:

hey bro. I wanna see this in person. whens the next time your going to be by the jewel on kirk. Youve gotta hear my new exhaust setup man. If this works, were going to do it on my car over next winter hehe. send me a PM with your celly so we could meet up sometime. later.
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread