How do you like your heads...(n/a)

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
:shrug: This question is for those who have done head swap or ported them. Im going to be at this stage pretty soon and this mod I just can't afford to make a mistake I know FORD has their high flow heads and high lift cam kit. Has any body put these on there car and what were the results (horse power and drivability) or if its better to port the stock heads and buy a set of comp cams cam shafts and valve train :shrug: .......I looking for people who have done this mod or is familiar with this mod ........ thanx

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
My opinion is that would be better served spending that money on a forged/big bore rebuild, then adding a supercharger or nitrous. What else are you planning on adding that isn't already listed, because what I see of your mod list, there is not point to porting the heads. Cams would probably be a better investment, but there are better places to spend your money first.

Or you could just add nitrous. You can't beat it for bang for the buck, and when you are not using it, it does not change the characteristics of the car.

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
lemosley01 said:
My opinion is that would be better served spending that money on a forged/big bore rebuild, then adding a supercharger or nitrous. What else are you planning on adding that isn't already listed, because what I see of your mod list, there is not point to porting the heads. Cams would probably be a better investment, but there are better places to spend your money first.

Or you could just add nitrous. You can't beat it for bang for the buck, and when you are not using it, it does not change the characteristics of the car.

Im not going to go forced induction on this car. I will stroke and bore it later with forged internals of curse, but the most important part of a N/A motor I think is the head set up so I just want to know what have some of you guys experianced on N/A 32 valve motors

and on nitrous that will be the last mod I do because of the set up, not sure what Iam going with yet :shrug:

I will be porting my manifold and adding bigger injectors too and what everelse it needs at that time

thanxs for the info guys...... :thumbsup:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
fr500's or 03/04/05 heads. port job not needed- good valve job, good valves whatever cams you want need...of course you can port the heads but you may reach you're goals without having to port em

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
fr500's or 03/04/05 heads. port job not needed- good valve job, good valves whatever cams you want need...of course you can port the heads but you may reach you're goals without having to port em

THANXS :thumbsup:

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
what about NAVIGATOR HEADS then proting them :shrug:
does anybody have any links to sites with info?

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread