How do you guys afford the gas?

xenon

Established Member
I am in the market for a new truck and I noticed quite a few lightnings in the trader for amazing prices.

Gas in Canada costs roughly $1 per L so $4 per gallon.

It would cost me $20 to go 100km or (60miles) in the city and $14 to go 100km (60miles) on the highway.

So basicly its $20/hr to drive this sucker.. WOW :eek:

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
i work.

then i go up to the pump and swipe my card, let the carnage begin! remember i do this with my eyes closed as i think about green fields and bunnies.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
My L gets 16mpg city/hwy...I had an 04 F150 V-6 5speed that got 14mpg?? I did
drive it a little bit harder though..............

xenon

Established Member
I totally understand that you can technically "afford it"

But IMO that's a shit load of fuel cost. Vehicles are already a poor investment.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
I look at it like this, any car is going to be expensive with the prices of gas nowadays. But to have the fun and enjoyment, and exclisivity of a Lightning, is worth the extra money. I dont drive my L that often though, but it is worth it no matter what.

Drive one, and I think you will see that its money well spent.

Chuck Norris

Established Member
If you don't want to pay for gas, I highly recomend that you stay far away from lightnings, and under no circumstances test drive the truck. If you make this mistake and drive it, you WILL buy it, and will be stuck with a high fuel bill.

Test drive at your own risk.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
i fill up at $60 a week. i drive it 40 miles 6 (sometimes 7) days a week. Just driving the L makes the pain of the pump less noticeable. You need to drive one to believe.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Unfortunately mine is a daily driver until I turn 21 next year and my company buys me a truck. Until then, I use the gas card they gave me. I guess I got lucky!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
MY L is a daily driver. How do i afford it? Ive got a job. It costs me about $75 bucks for a full tank and I drive to and from work for two weeks plus my little errends around town. As the saying goes..you gotta pay to play. and well if you are not willing to pay dont even bother. My 91GT was pulling a whopping 160 miles per tank with the same driving style..and using premium fuel as well. I had no complaints, besides the difference between a full tank (25gal) of low end 86 versus a full tank of 91 here was $5.75 when I checked last (havent checked fuel price in a few days) but if you cant afford $5 bucks you got a problem.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
:( Fuel may be gone in the near future???Who knows??? North Korea might
nuke us :eek: David Hasslehoff might go on tour with David Lee Roth :uh oh:
In the mean time I want to burn rubber and have some fun while I'm still
here on planet earth :coolman:

Bootbox

Established Member
I live a mile from my job and I consolidate trips whenever I can. (I moved closer to work just for this reason.) I still get on the gas pretty good everytime I go out and take trips across TX a few times a year for various reasons etc... but for the most part I try to save gas when I can.

Last edited:
I will always make my L my top priority because honestly nothing makes me happier... If you can afford the truck, the mods, and all the goodies that go with it you can afford the gas! You only live once!

xenon

Established Member
It would be a HUGE step for my cause I currently own a 05 Mini Cooper S. The gas mileage is amazing. They seem to hold their value well enough that I can trade it in for an L and keep the same monthly payment.

I am really worried about fuel costs going up in the near future also.

Users who are viewing this thread