How do you center a 9" solid axle?

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I didn't notice it when I bought the car. Car came with 275/30/18 drag rad. and they sat inside the Q-panels, later I put 295/35/18 drag rad. on and it became noticeable about a half inch maybe a little less on the right side sticks out pass the panel lip. Rear end set-up = MM adjustable upper & lower control arms, QA-1 adjustable shocks and Eybach drag springs with right side air bag. With this set-up is it possible to center it? if so, how?
Thanks for your help......

And as always a search was done.....it's amazing what you come-up with when you type in "how to center solid axle", "solid axle install", solid axle build".....things like, look at my new TF wheels, 03 Cobra for sale...interesting to say the least. Well, maybe somebody else will have better luck with the search and find what I need...:shrug:..:beer:.. Thanks again.

Teej281

Established Member
centering the solid axle takes something like a panhard bar or watts link to do. And I dont know anyone that makes those for a Ford 9" in a new edge. If it were an 8.8", there are plenty out there, but not 9".

Snake Plissken

Established Member
centering the solid axle takes something like a panhard bar or watts link to do. And I dont know anyone that makes those for a Ford 9" in a new edge. If it were an 8.8", there are plenty out there, but not 9".

That's what I was guessing but wasn't sure. I was thinking about talking with the people at Baseline Suspension since I'm into drag racing. Maybe I'll sell the 9" and go for one of there built 8.8 street set-ups. The one tire sticking out kinda bugs me.....

Thanks for your help! :beer:

Tims97SVT

Established Member
If the right side sticks out further then the left that is fixable without buying more parts. You have to center the rear in the car. Takes a measuring tape and some know how!

Snake Plissken

Established Member
If the right side sticks out further then the left that is fixable without buying more parts. You have to center the rear in the car. Takes a measuring tape and some know how!

"You have to center the rear in the car"........no kid'n?
So, I'm guessing you don't have this know how?
Thanks for all of your help............

Teej281

Established Member
The correct answer would be something along the lines of "enlighten me" or do some research. Tim is a friend of mine and he has spent countless hours under a friends cobra getting it setup 100%(or as close as he can) and it takes a lot more knowledge than can be typed out on a forum thread response. You want to know how, ask and you shall receive. Be a smartass and you wont get anything.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
The correct answer would be something along the lines of "enlighten me" or do some research. Tim is a friend of mine and he has spent countless hours under a friends cobra getting it setup 100%(or as close as he can) and it takes a lot more knowledge than can be typed out on a forum thread response. You want to know how, ask and you shall receive. Be a smartass and you wont get anything.[/QUOTE

If I misunderstood I'm sorry. Just don't understand why you would reply and leave people hanging?
Your telling me that it takes a lot more knowlege than can be typed out in a forum thread response. then your telling me if I ask I shall receive? BTW, I asked in my thread title "How do you center a 9" solid axle" Once again I'm sorry didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot...

Tims97SVT

Established Member
The correct answer would be something along the lines of "enlighten me" or do some research. Tim is a friend of mine and he has spent countless hours under a friends cobra getting it setup 100%(or as close as he can) and it takes a lot more knowledge than can be typed out on a forum thread response. You want to know how, ask and you shall receive. Be a smartass and you wont get anything.

Tj, thanks for giving me some credit on that. Jason did most of the research but we both learned a ton about suspension through all that.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Found all I need pics, write-up and I Pmed the OPs, they were super cool and e-mailed me more pics and info. over on Modularfords.com :-D

Users who are viewing this thread