How do the clutches hold at 400 + rwhp?

NewToFord

Established Member
Just wondering how the stock clutches hold up to the power upgrades on these cars. I know my LS1 clutch sucked when the car was stock. Thanks

Blackcobra

Established Member
Lost mine at 3300 miles. Burnouts -- even tame -- hasten the day much quicker than with past cars I've had.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I haven't had a problem with 410 rwhp and I am just over 6k miles. Be careful going to a harder clutch some that have broke there input shafts. I am not going to a spec3 or hybrid spec2 pressure plate with spec3 clutch until I go to the D&D viper T-56.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Clutch holding up fine @ 440, 8K...D&D 31-spline sounds like the way to go...

derryck

Established Member
I have about 8K miles on mine all but 1,000 of which have been at 450RWHP or better and it's holding up great.

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
Fried my clutch at just over 10K miles, right after I got the drag radials and started attempting to do burnouts. I replaced it with a Centerforce Dual Friction and I've had it for a little over 800 miles and it's holding and feeling great. It really seems like the power is getting to the ground right now, and the clutch pedal pressure is greatly reduced. I was slaming it through the floorboard the first day I got it.

Chelsea

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I'd be suprised if the centerforce is any better than stock.

They aren't that great from my own experience on my twin turbo car. They don't start to clamp until you get the RPM's up. On my TT car, it would slip when I hit my torque peak at 4K.

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
As of thus far, slippage is not noticable compared to my stock clutch. As to the lifetime of it, I am not at the point to comment yet. Many of my close friends had had great results with this clutch, so that is why I decided to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread