How do i remove trans cooler lines from radiator

FELONY_EVASION

I am doing an engine swap for a friend on his 04 lightning because he let his passenger pump gas while he went in and paid well the passenger pumped 87 in the tank. itsa pullied and had an aggressive tune so when they got into a good race it blew alot of smoke and died. the left bank has no compression the code i pulled showed high cylinder head temp but im stuck on the trans cooler to radiator lines. he let me keep the old engine from supercharger to pan so i might fix it and drop it into a mustang i have and see how it runs in a car since i see how good it is in my lightning for pertformance. anyone have any ideas on those lines for removal?

thanks

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
I simply used a wrench? There was nothing special needed... I know that talk about using special wrenches, etc. I actually slapped an adj. wrench on it and took them off. :beer:

Rook

Established Member
when i did it i used a wrench. when i put it back together it leaked. use icepick and take it apart where it takes a special tool. you can call jdm and they will tell you the part number for the special tool. but ice pick. another tip dont undo a/c lines.

Users who are viewing this thread