How Do I Remove The Bassani Baffles

RingTheory

Established Member
I have removed the screw from the underside of the pipe, but the baffles feel as though they are welded to the pipe, they just don't seem to simply slide out.

Any ideas on what tool(s) to use to remove these?

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I had a little trouble getting mine to slide out. Get an allen wrench and use the short elbow bend.....once the screw is out take the allen and go inside the pipe and insert the short end of the elbow into the hole...not all the way through...just enougth to use it to slide the baffle outward....I also got a pair of mechanics gloves and reached my hand in using the ripples in the baffle to spin in until it worked its way out.....

Warning! If you take these out the fiber glass packing will eventually blow out when they are reinstalled....I was at the track and blew the packing out of one of the times....when I removed the baffle, like I should have to begin with, the packing was burned and crunchy! I unwrapped the baffles, and have ran them without it since...there is a noticeable noise difference....I leave them in whenever on the street...hope this helps....I would just leave them in.... if they want to stay in then don't wrestle them there is no power gain...and the exhaust sounds less tuned w/out them.

Last edited:

03BlackMamba

Established Member
Thanks for the insight.........I was thinking of removing mine just to check out the sound but you have changed my mind.......

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
A good bit of back-n-forth wiggling will get them moving. I noticed the packing had simple masking tape around it when it was first installed. If I take them out I just throw a few loops of tape on them to keep them in place till reinstalled

Users who are viewing this thread