how do i quiet up my exhaust set up?

ShaneHayes

Established Member
i have a bassani high flow cats to a borla stinger cb. i'm not really concerned about quieting it up, but really trying to tighten up the scattered sound (if that makes sense). for example, when i get on it at wot at a lower rpm...it sounds like i'm in a chevy truck w/ glass packs. maybe baffles? i would like to tighten the sound up, or maybe going w/a different cat back set up? thanks in advance...shane.

Juruense

Banned
You could have a muffler shop weld in a set of magnaflow mufflers for $200... Or you could have the quieter Borlas welded in.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Exactly what Kilgore said and that's exactly what I have! If you posted that you wanted to trade for the quiet Borla's you might find someone that wants to and just cost you shipping.

ShaneHayes

Established Member
thanks for the inputs guys. now i am about to sound like a complete retard since i just bought the car and i'm still learning. so basically the borla stinger doesn't have any mufflers??? therefore, one of my options is to have a muffler shop weld in some mufflers? will that take that raspy glass pack sounding noise when i'm at WOT???

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a bassani x-pipe with hi-flow cats, and a borla stinger catback. IMO its one of the best sounding, not to sure what sound our referring too.:??:

ShaneHayes

Established Member
have you ever heard a truck w/ glass packs? it has that fart sounding noise. would be cool to hear your set up...too bad you're in NJ.

ShaneHayes

Established Member
hey you took off and left the camera dude behind.lol j/k nice sounding set up! i guess i could go w/ the bassani x-pipe w/ cat set up.hmm will i increase hp by going w/ an aftermarket x-pipe over the oem? as of now i have bassani high flow cats to a borla stinger cb.

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
hey you took off and left the camera dude behind.lol j/k nice sounding set up! i guess i could go w/ the bassani x-pipe w/ cat set up.hmm will i increase hp by going w/ an aftermarket x-pipe over the oem? as of now i have bassani high flow cats to a borla stinger cb.

Yup, and for good measure if you are curious theres a bunch of people running this setup. I will link you to another guy(Screamin Cobra) on svtp, running the same one as me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6SkXIs5Lmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2bclPxfjfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc9K0H-kunM

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
awesome! hey thanks for all the inputs. i may go this route. thanks again....shane.

No problem Shane, just whatever you do. Do not put a x-pipe with no cats in, with the borla stinger catback this will result in a RASPY exhaust.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
the stinger cat back is a straight shot exhuast..there isnt much restriction with it ( hence why so many cobra guys use it ). Even with the stock mid pipe it's a very loud exhuast, that's the set up I use.

If you have your heart set on sticking with the borla, i'd recomend trying a catted H first.

03zycobra

Established Member
the stinger cat back is a straight shot exhuast..there isnt much restriction with it ( hence why so many cobra guys use it ). Even with the stock mid pipe it's a very loud exhuast, that's the set up I use.

If you have your heart set on sticking with the borla, i'd recomend trying a catted H first.

Stingers sound best with stock mid or catted H IMO.

stangm89

WILD BILL
Established Member
i have a bassani high flow cats to a borla stinger cb. i'm not really concerned about quieting it up, but really trying to tighten up the scattered sound (if that makes sense). for example, when i get on it at wot at a lower rpm...it sounds like i'm in a chevy truck w/ glass packs. maybe baffles? i would like to tighten the sound up, or maybe going w/a different cat back set up? thanks in advance...shane.

if you decide you want to get rid of the stingers im not far from you .

Users who are viewing this thread