how do i know if it is E0 or E1

SVTJONES

Established Member
I am buying a CSVT tomorrow. How do I know if it is a 1998 or 1998.5 ( E0 or E1). Is it really that big of a difference besides the fuel system changes, clock in the dash and the 5 hp. I think I have read that the clock in the dash is the way to tell, right? My production number is a later number in 98. 5,000 something, which would lead me to believe that it is a 98.5 but it has the clock in the dash. I will know more tomorrow at 10am when i get the car.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
IIRC, the change happened around production number 4500. Someone could have recontented the clock. The fuel system change didn't come until mid-99ish.

SVTJONES

Established Member
well what is confusing me is these people have done nothing with the car. it is just like they got it when they bought it from the dealer. i'll give you more info later after i get it.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Then the wheels will be a dead giveaway. If they are the Cobra style wheels, you're looking at a 98.5. If they have the smooth look, it's a 98.

Mark

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
SVTJONES said:
well what is confusing me is these people have done nothing with the car. it is just like they got it when they bought it from the dealer. i'll give you more info later after i get it.

Mine's pretty much that way....

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
SVTJONES said:
Is it really that big of a difference besides the fuel system changes, clock in the dash and the 5 hp.
Some E1's had the clock in dash.
Fuel change was very late 99MY
+5HP was for 99MY (bigger LIM & more extrude honing)

Build date is the easiest way to tell. The date is narrowed down to just a few days.

SVTJONES

Established Member
I just got my car this past friday. first i have to say that i love it and even though i will miss my rx7 this is a good replacement. anyways i have the rims in crazycarl's sig. they are the 5 spoke rounded off ones with the svt centercap. my car is a #35## build #, i don't have the sheet in front of me.

BLACKSVTCONTOUR

GOT SVT?
Established Member
yes your svt is an e0, just like mine, 195 hp, but with some mods, it will blow your mind, some people say that this car doesn't respond well to mods, but F-------UCK what they heard, i have the 75mm maf and kkm intake and my svt just wants to go, i have raced an svt focus, with intake and exhaust, and i beat it in a car length, if u were wondering, no the svtf cannot beat the svtc in a race with, well with 130k, if they can't beat that? what can they beat?!! still pullin em in?! svtcougar what do u got?

Users who are viewing this thread