How do I KNOW I am reading IAT temps from IAT#2 you Eaton swap guys ??

notagt

Established Member
Hey Eaton club, when you wired in your IAT by splicing in to harness and extending the wires to the IAT#2 on blower, how did/do you KNOW you are reading IAT temp from that sensor?? I have an AeroForce gage that just says "IAT Temp". I have the gray/red and gray wire going from harness that plugs into MAFia to the correct inboard 2 wires on sensor. I also cut and taped off the 2 gray wires on the MAF connector it self. I am used to the P1 that was always about 5 degrees over ambient..this is a new beast. I started the car and it was reading 82 degrees, coupla bumps on throttle was up to 86..what is "normal" IAT temps for these cars under what conditions if you are truly reading temp from #2 ?? Also, coolant wise, do Cobra/Eaton generally run hotter than a stock Mach?? I crank up in the barn and it seems to get hot quick according to my AeroForce gage, I am gonna burp one more time CORRECTLY to ensure all air out as well. Thanks guys
worshippy.gif

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
term guys arent going to be able to help because they have 2 IATs, its super easy to tell by the difference in pre and post blower temps by watching both at the same time. If you make a WOT pull or two on the street and your IAT shoots up well above ambient you'll know youre looking at the right thing

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
The Mach harness only has one IAT sensor on it so if you have it wired correctly, it's physically impossible to get the reading from anywhere else except the IAT sensor on the blower. That's the important one anyway. It will run a little hotter because that blower gets scorching hot, especially after a pull and in the summer. I would always get some spark knock in the summer here in Texas due to the higher compression of a stock Mach 1 motor. Of course, e85 may help that but e85 really wasn't available here when I still have my eaton installed.

Users who are viewing this thread