How do I get the last bolt of the snout?

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I am changing out the snout on my blower. I got everything except that last one behind the intercooler nipple. I did a search and found an old thread about removing the nipple but that seems rather difficult. Any tips?

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
I talked to Rick at Amazon Racing...He says the intercooler coolant hose is pressed into the manifold....He said the onlyway to remove it is to slice it...But you're talking about the nipple...Is this what the hose is connected to??...

-pete

Goldy

Established Member
Fakesnake,

Great choice of mods!!! Got a question for you. I've got some of the same mods (Bassani mid length headers, Bassani x-pipe, Bassani catback, and Densecharger CAI). Here's the question: Did you have your A/F measured when you had the dyno done? If so, what were yuor numbers?

I'm also thinking about changing the TB, but wasn't sure if it was worth it. Your thoughts?

Good luck with the blower snout. Let us know how it turns out.

Howard

Last edited:

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I'm talking about the nipple. When you pull the hose the nipple is in the way.

Goldy,

I don't recall my air fuel measurements with that set up. I know it wasn't a straight line. Throttle body gave me more throttle response but only 2 HP after the mods I had on there.

Goldy

Established Member
Thx Fakesnake. I'll assume your A/F numbers were 'safe'?

Again, thx.

Howard

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
If you got it from Pauls High performance maybe call asn ask.

Sometimes those nipples are screwed in. Also make sure you put teflon tape on threads when you replace it if it has threads

Bosko

Established Member
I knows its a little late... But I did the snout swap and I Pulled out the nipple and removed the last bolt. Installed new snout with bolts and cut the new nipple to size and pressed it back in.... No leaks to date... Its been about 8k miles.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Bosko,

how did you get the old nipple out? Did you pick up new one at local parts store?

I talked to someone else and they used a dremel to cut the nipple a little shorter to clear bolt.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
i thought maybe you could have used a inside brg puller and cut off the excess of the nipple to pull it out. ?

Bosko

Established Member
Basicaly I twisted and wiggled it out... The stock nipple ended up getting a little deformed. I used a little muscle too.Make sure it comes straight out so you dont mess up the casting.. I used needle nose plyers to do the job. After you cut the NEW nipple to size and tap (press) it in it looks just like the original one.

When I changed my snout I was thinking about cutting the nipple or notching it but I thought that would be mickey mouse. I didnt want to lose the flare at the end of the nipple that would keep the hose from slipping off. I know that I would have never saw the cut or notch with the hose on but I would have known it was there and it would have drove me nuts.

Yes my local autoparts store had them... Its a standard size for a water pump (diameter) You have to cut it to length with a hack saw where it is tapered ........ But I cant remeber what size it is... I guess they sell these nipples to replace old crusty rusted ones.
Im gonna go the the Autoparts store tommarrow and get another one incase I need to swap snouts in the future because I just realized I dont have a spare... Ill post the size if you want.

Ohhh... If you dont like the nipple thing... I remeber when I posted about changing my snout some one told me that they losen their blower bolts and lift the front of it UP to get the last bolt out.... You could do that IF you REALLY WANTED too... :xpl:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread