How do I get stock tune back?

dwhite343

Established Member
I picked up a used 2013 GT/CS convertible 2 weeks ago, it had an airaid, 3.73 gear, custom wheels and tires, GT 500 mufflers, Eibach springs, and I was told a Diablo Tune.

I do not have the Diablo handheld unit, and am looking at some different power adder options.

I have been told that I need to restore the factory tune to the car, in order to do any new tuning that would be needed for any upgrades I do.

How do I get the stock tune put back on the car, when I do not have the handheld unit that was used to tune it?

Thanks,

David

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I have never reloaded my stock tune while loading a new tune in my car.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
I LITERALLY just went through this last week. My tuner froze up on me while the car was tuned. I sent the tuner to be repaired and instead they sent a completely new tuner that didn't contain my backup file. I had ford try and retune it and they weren't able to do anything. I talked to mike at diablo and he sent me a file to load on my device that restored my car back to stock. Idk if there is another way to fix it, this is just the way I went about it.

dwhite343

Established Member
I LITERALLY just went through this last week. My tuner froze up on me while the car was tuned. I sent the tuner to be repaired and instead they sent a completely new tuner that didn't contain my backup file. I had ford try and retune it and they weren't able to do anything. I talked to mike at diablo and he sent me a file to load on my device that restored my car back to stock. Idk if there is another way to fix it, this is just the way I went about it.

So does Diablo have a backup based off the vehicles VIN?

Obviously I am completely ignorant to how all this works.

Thanks for your help.

David

Last edited:

Heavyfoot

Established Member
I can't answer the sct question, but I do know that diablo can send u a tune to bring your car back to stock based off the tune that's on the car.
I sent them the tune that was locked on to my car and they sent me the stock file.

dwhite343

Established Member
I can't answer the sct question, but I do know that diablo can send u a tune to bring your car back to stock based off the tune that's on the car.
I sent them the tune that was locked on to my car and they sent me the stock file.

Good to know.

Thanks for the help!

dwhite343

Established Member
Just got off the phone with Diablo.

They CANNOT give you stock tune back without the handheld unit.

I was told to go to Ford dealership and have them put stock tune on the vehicle, then buy new handheld unit, and put custom tunes on as needed.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Just got off the phone with Diablo.

They CANNOT give you stock tune back without the handheld unit.

I was told to go to Ford dealership and have them put stock tune on the vehicle, then buy new handheld unit, and put custom tunes on as needed.

sell diablo, and get a used SCT?

Scooters

On my forth Mustang
Established Member
I bought my car with a CAI and tune already. I just took if to ford and had them flash it back to stock. I think it took about an hour and cost $120 bucks.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread