How do I find my build date?

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
I saw on the HorsePower TV show today where you could tell by reading the barcode on the master cylinder. But where do I compare this number to in order to get the build date? anybody know?

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
Mine has the build date (2/26/04 0 didn't get a Friday car - woohoo) on the same sticker, just to the right of the bar code.

LOL I wonder how many of us ran out and checked our build dates after the show.

Black04Cobra

Established Member
That sucks, my master cylinder was just replaced. Somehow I ended up with pressure loss for no reason. This was 3 weeks after I got the car. Not a nice feeling. I am begining to think I got a lemon.

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
I can't call Ford until Monday. Was just wondering if there was another way to tell on our cars. I just looked at the master cylinder again and there is no date on it. But I did notice that on the inside of the door jam on the driver's side there was a sticker that had a date of 7/03 on it. Was it made in July 03'?

whtsnake03

Established Member
I just got my build date from SVT by calling the 800 number. I just noticed that the build date was April 17th 2003. The first mustang was produced April 17th 1964. If I remember correctly the first Mustang off the assembly line was a white convertible. Mine is also a white convertible. Hmmmmm.....

Can anyone verify that the first Mustang was a white convertible?:shrug:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
LOL, I walked outside right when the show went to commercial break to check my cyclinder head, I found mine. Said 4/17/03 with a barcode underneath it. When I called the 1-800-Ford-Svt all they said was that my car was 6869 out of the 8XXX

Users who are viewing this thread