how do drain your Bobs oil seperator

huggytree

Established Member
put the Bobs oil seperator on a few minutes ago...on the shock tower

it almost touches an air conditioning hose...kinda a weird spot to have for the 'standard' install....i didnt want to drill into my firewall

anyways.....wondering how you drain it??? put a small cup under it to catch the oil? do you thread a hose into the valve threads?

i kinda wish they had prebent hoses to go with it too....its looping around to each fitting....would be nice if it had a nice straight shot to something

ps....top hose goes to the back of the engine and the bottom hose goes to the front right?

mullens

Established Member
Bottom bolt PCV top bolt SC.

You don't thread anything. Just put a small medicine cup or cut off water bottle under the petcock.

As a precaution, when I got the separator I took out the fittings and put high temp thread sealer on all the threads. Sometimes the fittings are not screwed in real tight.

I didn't like the location of the can either. I drilled another hole in the separator bracket that matched the other ground screw. Now I have both ground screws holing the bracket and the unit is 1" closer to the strut tower.

Catchcan.gif

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
It would have been nice if they had placed the top hose fitting closer to the port it needs to go too. 90 degrees to the left of the bottom fitting.

huggytree

Established Member
the one for my Challenger is really easy...all the hoses attatch on the top 1/2 and the bottom 1/2 unthreads...you just unthread it and pour it out

Bobs is a very strange design.....like he spent all his time designing it to work the best internally, but externally he went out of his way to make it NOT FIT well

RockStarKick

Established Member
Yeah, mine hit that A/C line. I tried everything but it still hit. I ended up removing the valve and installing a plug in its spot. Now I will have to remove it to drain. No biggie it only takes about 1 minute.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I had the same issue with the A/C line, I put a 1/4" spacer under the shock tower bracket. No more clearance issues anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread