How close were you guys able to get your pinion angle to perfect with FTBR setup?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Just curious if anyone got there pinion angle PERFECT with the FTBR setup. The best I could do is 2 degrees up, while the motor is 3 degrees up. I have a nasty vibe at around 100mph and am wondering if it is because i didnt get the angle perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going nuts about this freaking vibe!

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I also heard you can add transmission spacers to angle down the engine. Anyone do this?

Sagittaria

Established Member
I got lucky and got mine exactly right the first try... probably the only thing during the install that I got right the first time. I have the diff lowering mount and I used three shims on the front.

The instructions I believe call for two shims as a starting point but pretty much state "you're on your own" with the diff lowering mount :lol1:

I've read that those without the rear diff lowering mount (and particularly bad stock pinion angles from the factory) require some modification to the sub frame to get the diff raised even further.

Very little gear whine as a result... You can barely hear it in this vid. I was VERY surprised with the noise, or lack there of, and solid bushings.

Kooks Lts, O/R H, Magnaflows 03 Cobra - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread