How close of a race?

i8u

Established Member
03 cobra-rr 2.97 pully, catback, cold air intake. 2.80 pulley is available

vs
stock
Porsche 996 turbo
Is there an awd option on these?
I couldn't tell much more than it was a newer 996 tubro. He wasn't interested in playing.
It was a very beautiful car to say the least.....

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Late model stock 996 turbo is about a 12.3 @ 113mph. Full time AWD so the 0-60 is sick, 4 seconds flat. I'd guess that if you still had the stock tune you'd be about even once you were moving. A well modded 2.80" 03/04 with DR's should be at least close off the line, but from a roll the TT would get walked.

GT2 is what you wanna watch out for- faster than the TT. 3.6 second 0-60 and quarter mile in the high 11's at 121 mph or so.

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
my friend raced one and walked the tt porshe slowly...he has a 2.93 pulley, stingers, and a heat exchanger...that's it

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
One other car to worry about...the other night I was driving home down the 101 and ran across two Mercedes...an S55 and a SL55. They were absolutely freakin gorgeous. I didn't want nothing to do with either of them other than to look at them. The SL hung around for a moment and looked at my car then boogied away. I can't believe those things are packing almost 500 hp. And to quote a thread on this site..."their traction control borders on witchcraft". My wife said she wants one. I said which one. She said she didn't care. I love my wife!!

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
One other car to worry about...the other night I was driving home down the 101 and ran across two Mercedes...an S55 and a SL55. They were absolutely freakin gorgeous. I didn't want nothing to do with either of them other than to look at them. The SL hung around for a moment and looked at my car then boogied away. I can't believe those things are packing almost 500 hp. And to quote a thread on this site..."their traction control borders on witchcraft". My wife said she wants one. I said which one. She said she didn't care. I love my wife!!

Were they regular Mercedes or the AMG version--I ask because I thought the AMG's were the ones we had to worry about?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
grnenvy said:
I would have cracked both there ass's then told them they paid to much for there cars. I love picking on guys like that. :lol:

You modded? If not, they will hand your ass to you. Those cars are incredible. Even with their lousy gearing, they flat fly.

Yes...they are AMG's.

red03dave

Established Member
ya, those cars are kinda spooky at highway speeds... pull like a mofo! they kill stock 03's or 03's with just filter and exhaust. Rolling. From a stop I have no idea what they're like but with an Auto I would imagine they 60ft pretty well!!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
red03dave said:
ya, those cars are kinda spooky at highway speeds... pull like a mofo! they kill stock 03's or 03's with just filter and exhaust. Rolling. From a stop I have no idea what they're like but with an Auto I would imagine they 60ft pretty well!!!

From a dead stop, they just kill us. The secret is to leave the traction control "on" with them. I guess it's absolutely amazing how hard the cars leave that way. Now, if you're at a drag strip and running slicks, I would think the Cobra would have a distinct advantage. Otherwise, they just kick our butts. I guess for $135,000, they should.

vipergts281

Established Member
i8u said:
03 cobra-rr 2.97 pully, catback, cold air intake. 2.80 pulley is available

vs
stock
Porsche 996 turbo
Is there an awd option on these?
I couldn't tell much more than it was a newer 996 tubro. He wasn't interested in playing.
It was a very beautiful car to say the least.....
BPU Cobra vs a Porsche Turbo.....the Cobra "should" win. It won't be by a lot, but it should win. My buddy has a 03 Saleen Cobra with the basic mods and he beat one.

And now that I think about it, there was a Mecedes in that race as well. The MB and the Porsche were friends and came across my buddy in the Saleen. My buddy said the Benz was on his bumper but he beat the Porsche. I forget exactly what Benz it was, but it was obviously fast.

Users who are viewing this thread