How can you tell if your blower is ported

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
I bought an 03 cobra and met the owner a year later he said that he had ported the blower. I bought this car from a dealership with a stock tune and a 2.8 pulley and exhaust. I didn't know it was an after market pulley it had know idler. I ha dit dyno tuned it put down 386/453 with very rich A/F and almost 16 lbs of boost. My question is he said it was ported by Apten how can i tell if it is ported or not? Im wondering if the dealership took the ported blower off or if it is still on there? Suppossivlly it is one of the older Apten ports. Can anyone help me in identifing my blower.

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
its not every day i get to talk to chicks about hummers...i mean blowers,
but i really dont think your gonna know unless you pull it off and look.

i dont think the dealer would have pulled off the blower just to replace it with anouther blower. and if they did they probably would have taken the pulley too and put the stock stuff back on.

you should have someone really tune that thing. cause your nembers are way off for a ported 2.8 set up.

J

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I agree, your numbers should be a lot higher!! I'm thinking between 480-500 rwhp with the proper tune!! Get that thing to a reputable tuner and watch the numbers skyrocket!! That's true about the "telling if it's ported" part, you have to have someone pull it off and know what they are looking for! Congrats on the ride!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Running 16 pounds of boost...sounds like it. Not sure if just a pully will get that much more boost out of it-Shane

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
but i really dont think your gonna know unless you pull it off and look.

A ported supercharger will have a larger manifold opening than the stock model.

you should have someone really tune that thing. cause your numbers are way off for a ported 2.8 set up.

Yep. 386 hp is puny for a properly tuned & supercharged Terminator.
I own an '03 Lightning....a ported blower with a new pulley, tune, and K&N filter on the truck will match or better the numbers you posted if the job was done right.
16lbs. of boost should make a hell of a lot more than this!

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Not to mention the fact that the throttle body and elbow could also be ported by Steig. But she should be atleast 475rwhp possibly over 500. I' praying I am with a stage three port, ported elbow and throttle body, 2.8RR, 4lb lower, 3 Metco Idlers and Metco Aux tensioner, plugs, bassani X, Borlas Catback stinger, JLT Cold air with Amazon Racing email tune. So yeah I need some dyno time myself-Shane

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If the car has a 2.8 with no tune and ported blower....its a time bomb :nono:

dynobobstieg

Even the blowers Stiegemeier ported for Apten were stamped with a series of numbers these can be seen even if the blower is on the car The stamp is on the blower case under the snout to the left or right. If you do not have a stamped series of numbers the blower would have to be off the car to see if it was ported or not.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Hey Guys,
Thanks For All Your Imput On This Matter. This Is My Car My Girlfriend Posted This Thread To Put All The Questions To Fest About My Blower Being Ported. Thanks Again I'am Goin Out And Search For The Series #s Right Now.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Here we thought there was an incredibly kewl chick with a Cobra. Dayum I should have known she didnt exist!!!!!! :nonono:

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
I Am An Incredibly Kool Chick. I Just Am Starting Off With A 01 Gt And Before I'm Done I Will Have A Kenny Bell On It As Well As A Cai, Headers And Exhaust. Just For Starters. As Long As I Keep The Boost Under 9lbs I Should Be All Right.

Last edited:

S/CCobra03

Established Member
Just pull the plenum and look into the inlet of the blower case. It will be obvious if it is ported. Just look for sanding marks and the inlet will be much smoother than normal.

BREAKPARTS

Established Member
Ls1 Supercharged By A Set Of Jet Bursts Is Way Cool Too.blah Imeant N20..jeez I Wish My Ls1 Could Hang N/a With A Kenne Belle Cobra...but That Costs Too Much Tho..he He He

Users who are viewing this thread